• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New here!

Patricia A

Hello! My name is Patricia and I have a newly adopted Cavalier/Cocker mix from the local shelter, the Hornell Animal Shelter (http://www.hornellanimalshelter.org/). "Clancy" is not only my first Cavalier (mix) but my first Spaniel of any kind, and my first small dog. We also have a newly adopted Pit Bull, Mac, from a rescue organization, Smilin' Pit bull Rescue (http://www.spbr.org/). We lost our 14 year old Pit Bull X in September, a year and a half after losing our two 15 year olds, a Border Collie X and a Lab X. We also have three cats, Princess, an 11 yo diabetic, and Eliot and Oscar the Siamese boys.

I'm finding out the learning curve is a little higher when you shift gears to a small dog - but Clancy is the happiest dog I've ever seen. Absolutely EVERYTHING is his favorite thing on earth!!! I'm looking forward to learning from others' experiences and hopefully finding lots of ways to keep Clancy entertained and to help further his training.

Wow, you really have a full house! :D I'm sure you're a great mom to all of your animals. They're lucky to have you. You'll love having Clancy. Cavaliers are wonderful pets. They're nothing but little balls of love. It doesn't take much to keep them entertained. All they want is your company!

Welcome to the board! I bet you'll soon want another Cavalier...they're addictive!

Lori

welcome to the board! My first dog was a half cocker spaniel, half ??? I got him when I was 10.
He looked like a little bearded collie and weighed 18 lbs! He was a smart, sweet, wonderful dog. Now I have cavaliers, and I love them!
You will enjoy your little guy.
Here you will find lots of nice people who can give great advice and a wonderful supportive "shoulder" if you need that, too.

hi Patricia!

welcome to the board - look forward to seing some pics of Clancy

Welcome and congratulations on Clancy:) He´ll keep you smiling forever,cavaliers tend to do that:)

Welcome Patricia!!
cocker and cavalier are my favorite breeds :)
I am so glad to hear that you rescued not only 1 but 2 dogs!!

Welcome! This is an invaluable forum. I'd love to see some pictures of Clancy. Sounds like he's very lucky that you've found him!

Back