PDA

View Full Version : she's been making a weird noise,

Ciren
11th November 2008, 01:11 AM
a mixture of a throat clear and a retch. once she stops she just goes back to sleep.

any idea's?

*Pauline*
11th November 2008, 01:20 AM
I don't know but I hope she gets better soon. How long has she been doing this and how often?

Ciren
11th November 2008, 01:21 AM
heh bout the last half an hour, it went on for a couple of mins first time now she is snoring peacefully, something in her throat maybe?

Sumilidon
11th November 2008, 12:05 PM
If it sounds like a chesty cough, and typically only happens when laying down - it may be Kennel Cough.

Charlie used to cough quite loudly with a final large cough as if bringing up phlem, then go back to sleep.

Ciren
11th November 2008, 03:53 PM
she hasnt done it apart from the twice last night, i am working on the theory that it was something in her throat. on a side note do i HAVE to get worming tab's from the vets?

brotymo
12th November 2008, 04:22 PM
she hasnt done it apart from the twice last night, i am working on the theory that it was something in her throat. on a side note do i HAVE to get worming tab's from the vets?

If you want to get Drontal, you do, and Drontal is the only thing that gets rid of tapeworms. Mine got them last spring due to fleas they picked up when frontline quit working for us. By the time I got them switched to Advantix and cleared up the fleas, a couple of the big dogs had them. I treated everyone to be safe. It is expensive for a big dog...not so bad if they are small.