• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dental chews?

Kizzys Mum

Just wondering if there is any difference in the effectiveness between the different dental chews available? And also, if the shop's "own brand" (e.g. Pets at Home or Tesco) dental chews are as good?

prob made by the same company mine just eat them so fast doubt they clean any teeth at all x

prob made by the same company mine just eat them so fast doubt they clean any teeth at all x

Sally is the same. They're just chewed up so quick that I don't think they clean her teeth. They seem too soft. We have only ever had Dentisticks by pedigree so others might be better. We tend to brush her teeth with Virbac and a baby toothbrush and give her the occasional paddywack or pigs ear

Hi

I use Logic Enzymatic Orozyme Dental Chew from VET UK ,a pack of 224 gr costs £4.84 plus p & P.

I would just stay away from any that are made in China. Melamine has been found in all kinds of dog food and toys from China.

Not just dog food, they have been found to be widely used in milk products, eggs... DON'T buy food from China!!! BTW, I am a Chinese American, I know this stuff. You won't believe what some people there would do to make money. Anything goes, they not only put all this toxic stuff in pet food, but in human food too. Like my mother says, you are either poisoned to death ot starved to death.

Back