• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Xmas Gifts for our Cavaliers

Brian M

Hi

Has anybody found any Cavalier suitable Advent Calendars anywhere and may I ask what people are going to buy their babies this year .:confused:

There's an advent calendar with a very cute pic of a cavalier on the front of it in Pets At Home (if you're in the UK).. not sure what the treats are like in it though. My husband won't let me buy it though :( Says it's a waste of money!

I'm going to get my little one one of those round tug toy things with a santa in the middle of it.. she's already got one with a rat in the middle and loves it to be bits. Then a few treat type things.

I haven't decided yet what I'll get my babies, probably some treats/toys/clothes.. :)

I've already started shopping! Our 6 year old (who we got as an adult - retired show/breeding dog) isn't into toys at all. We bought her a whole bunch before we got her - two in particular are a "hide a toy" (the idea being that you hide the plush little squirrels in the plush tree for the dog to find), and a Kyjen-I Qube - same idea but you hide balls in a plush square. I was about to donate them, when I had an idea. While she seems to think the idea of finding hidden plush things is pretty silly, finding hidden treats is a lot of fun. Now, when we have to leave her alone for any amount of time, we break up a couple of treats into little pieces, hide them amongst the squirrels and balls, and watch as she goes bananas waiting for us to let her start searching. She doesn't notice us leaving, and when we come home, there are squirrels and balls EVERYWHERE! When we return, if we haven't cleaned up the squirrel carnage yet, we'll see her get up every now and again to check and make sure she hasn't forgotten a still-hidden morsel. Anyway, I've discovered lots of other hide-a-toys - even some with a Christmas/holiday theme. Very excited to give them to her next month!
:jump:

I bought Sparky this toy this morning:

pPETS-4827513t400.jpg

I figured he and Lucky could play tug with it. It's the first thing for his stocking. I got him a stocking to match Lucky's and got it embroidered with his name on it last week.

I think I will also get him a sweater. He was shivering in his class this morning in the rain but I didn't care for any of their sweaters. He doesn't have any of his own really but just shares with Lucky. LUcky has enough stuff for four dogs. :lol:

I think I will also get Sparky a Fido fleece and both of them a new reflective Easy Walk harness since it gets so dark early, it'll make our walks safer.

Otherwise, just a few toys this year I think and maybe a sweater since we're pretty well stocked on doggie stuff. :eek:

i am waiting til after xmas as i am going to orlando and will buy them aload of stuff out there!!

I bought Cookie one of those Advent Calenders from Pets at home... well I didn't my dad did. I picked it up, he saw the price said no, then i said but it wud be for cookie and he put it in the basket hahaa.
It's got a gorgeous blenheim cavalier on the front and on each day there are two nutritious treats!

http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-advent/product-is-21579

We're also going to get her the dog dance mat from there haha. Even though santa has already bought her a new sparkly collar and a puchi petwear hoody!

Hi tanztanya

I like those at PAH I will get 3 on Sat thanks for the info ,just being nosey how did you arrive at your name.:confused:

Hi

tanztanya that is ,just being nosey or tell me to mind my own business ,its just so unusual i cant think where it came from and it is a nice name:)

ohh haha. Its not a proper name. I'm Tanya (short for Titannia) but by sister has always called me Tanz, but as Tanya was already taken as a user name when I signed up so I just combined the two lol.

Back