• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gas

brotymo

OMG...my cavs are killing me. They have got the most toxic gas ever. It seems worse than before on this grain-free dog food. Yesterday, all the kids and I gasped when we came inside from an hour outing. I went looking for a big pile of poop, but there was none (Bandit has the kitchen and Lizzie is in an x-pen, so it didn't take long to see there was no poop). I'd be embarrassed if someone came to my door and smelled that? Ugh!
I've gone to keeping a can of air-freshener on the kitchen counter in easy reach.

It is downright painful to endure! Right now, Bandit is in his chair beside me, and Lizzie is in my lap, and one of them has just let go a silent but deadly gas attack...and I am trapped!

The worst thing is it is probablyalways there its just that you noticed it after an hour of fresh air :)

Charlie's a bit of a stinker mind, but Poppet is a lady so Charlie gets the blame for that as well :D

Look at the bright side:now everyone in the house can let go and just let it all out...and you allways have the dogs to blame for it:D

:rotfl:

I know it is horrible but it is funny. Maybe the higher protein levels are causing the gas -- also maybe it will settle as the gut adjusts. Lily is my silent but deadly one. She is awful! A change in food or a treat can set her off. :grnyuk:

:jump: I have to say, I am soooooooo lucky, my two never let them off, my sister in law has two boxer's and you have to leave the county, never mind the room when they let it go!!!!!!!

:jump: J was like that on sunday night, James and I were sitting in the kitchen and when we walked into the sitting room where J was lying the smell was unbelievable! Then last night he was in bed with me with his behind near my face and he let off a SBD oh my god the smell was bad and i'm sure he was laughing at me thinking haha i just farted in mammys face.

My sisters sweet, sweet Australian Terrier has to be the worst poof factory on the planet. His silent but deadly emissions make even Dottie slink into the other room while he sits there and has that, "It wasn't me!" look on his furry little face! :eek:

A few years ago, when I started feeding my dogs Evo, India had terrible gas. I changed her food to Canidae and the gas problem went away, but then she got yeasty ears from a food allergy to chicken - I should have put her back on Lamb! Now India is perfect eating a Venison-based kibble. She also does well on Rabbit or Lamb raw commercial diet.

I'm thinking if they have gas, their food is not agreeing with them. Try eating baked beans or bean soup for several days and you'll know what I mean! :lol:

Mine have this issue too.

And I can always tell even before I smell it because I have air purifiers that kick into high gear whenever there is a strong odor. When the dogs have gas the air purifiers turn onto high. :lol: At least the odor doesn't linger too long. :lol:

You all have got me laughing fit to kill!

Lani, I want your air fresheners!

Cathy, I didn't have much gas at all on Canidae, but changed foods when Canidae had issues this summer. If they keep this up, I may change foods again...soon!

hbmama, I can just see your poor Dottie. The image cracked me up.

Jpup, I've been there, and I FEEL your PAIN!

Sue.k, I want to know what you feed yours!

Karlin, you would know it would be a female that would have the problem! Sweet, tiny Lizzie has choked me up a few times and I knew it was her b/c she was the only one in the room!

ice-cavi, that would be nice, but there is no way anyone would believe it was the dogs. Theres are "special". on the other hand, if one is in the air already, adding to it won't make the air quality any worse!

sumilidon, that is what I am worried about! I have a few friends with cats and when I go over, the litter box smell is awful! I guess they just don't notice. Now people probably are thinking the same thing about me!

When my malamute mix, Kaya, lets one go, it is actually audible (she startles herself sometimes...it is hilarious!) so I have warning. Bandit and Lizzie have stealth with theirs. I am in trouble if someone lights a match!

DJ and Pippin are my two smellies (Gus would not sink to such levels!),usually when they have something new to eat.
DJ is the worst, but Pippin looks up at whoever is near and then moves away from us, giving us the dirtiest look ever!! He doesn't seem to realise it's him!

Hi

Link them up to the central heating boiler if its part methane you could heat the house and save the planet and save a fortune.:confused:

:jump: this thread is making me laugh!! Sally has had bad wind recently - since I changed her food to Royal Canin. I even heard a squeaky one the other day and couldn't stop laughing when she turned round as if to say what was that!!! I'm seriously thinking of switching her back to JWB when the puppy arrives and feeding JWB to both. Don't think I can tolerate the wind of two dogs!

Ollie's toots can clear a room too...and sometimes my hubby out of the bedroom! I find that when he has gas, he needs to poop and won't take the time to do it.

That IS hysterical when they let out a squeaker and they spin around looking for the source!

Back