• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi

Feebee

Hi there, i am a new cavalier owner, i got him off my partners sister who moved overseas for work and wasnt able to take him.

He is 10 years old, trained very well, unfortunalty he wasnt cared for the best in the last few years so he is over weight 12.5 kgs and his teeth are not in good shape he is booked in for surgury in a few days as one is loose, he also is due for his shots has he hasnt had any for the last few years.

please remember i didnt have any say about his upbringing in the last few years (thats how long i have known my partner for) so now i am trying to give him the best care for his last few years of life

and i love him to bits!

I also have 3 budgies, as you can see in the picture :)

picture.php

Welcome:flwr:....He looks like a real sweetheart....that´s some seriously heartmelting eyes he´s got:luv:

Glad he has joined you and the budgies! His mouth will likely feel a lot better once those teeth are cared for. He probably really doesn't need shots though if he had them up to around age 7-8 -- in general the major US vet schools now only recommend vaccinating once every three years and that elderly dogs probably are protected for life. Vaccinations always stress the immune system which can be hard on an older dog -- I don't vaccinate any of my cats or dogs after age 7 and I definitely wouldn't vaccinate a 10 year old dog myself but that's just my opinion! :). There's lots of vaccination info in the Library section if you want to find out more.

Glad he has joined you and the budgies! His mouth will likely feel a lot better once those teeth are cared for. He probably really doesn't need shots though if he had them up to around age 7-8 -- in general the major US vet schools now only recommend vaccinating once every three years and that elderly dogs probably are protected for life. Vaccinations always stress the immune system which can be hard on an older dog -- I don't vaccinate any of my cats or dogs after age 7 and I definitely wouldn't vaccinate a 10 year old dog myself but that's just my opinion! :). There's lots of vaccination info in the Library section if you want to find out more.

that is a interesting thought! but not sure if i have to by law in new zealand get his shots done or not, ill have to find out and see if we decide to do them thanks for the info!

thanks all, he is very sleepy after surgury, also had two warts removed, and his anal tract cleaned, only his loose tooth needed to be removed, all the others were fine just needed cleaning, he also had to have the shots as he hasnt had any in the last 4 years, and in nz kennel cough and few are in the same injection and he def needed kennel cough as he is around other dogs.. :) just thought i would post update!

thanks all :)
he is back to his normal self, went for a big walk (30mins) and he loved it! not allowed to go in the water for a few weeks though - which he wasnt very happy about!

Back