• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet Insurance CANADA

Steph1983

Im wondering if anybody has any advice on insurance providers in Canada. I just got my CKCS and im pretty worried about the health issues as they seem quite common. I do have a shih tzu as well im not sure if I want to bother getting him insurance as he has already had cherry eye and it doesnt cover pre-existing conditions. Will insurance cover Mitral Valve and SM??

Pet Insurance Canada

Hi Steph

I live in Canada and I have vetinsurance. They cover anything that has not shown signs or symptoms before the policy takes effect. When my dog was scanned for SM I had to fight them because they said a previous incident of lower back pain was a sign. I did eventually get my money because my dog does not have SM.

Vetinsurace does not pay consults, but pays 90% of your other costs.

I would recommend it if the dog has been healthy so far.

karen

Back