• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan's first time at the beach.

*Pauline*

Our beaches don't allow dogs all summer until the end of September, so we've never been. I was so excited as I've seen all your lovely pictures and thought he'd love it. We met another Cavalier who was very shy and hid behind her Dad while Dylan started to dig and cover both the husband and wife in sand! :lol: I gave them the CavalierTalk business card, maybe they will take a look.

It's the first time I have taken Dylan further than round my block since his scan. He didn't air scratch as much as usual.

My friend took a couple of great shorts of Dylan.

3034607942_53777f218d_o.jpg

3034607836_b9b9449ab6_o.jpg

This is a very old beach in Leigh-on-Sea where you can buy fresh sea food.
3033811907_5f986d2e6c_o.jpg

They are lovely pics. Sounds like you both enjoyed yourselves. Fireworks and beachcoming all in one day - lucky boy.

Lovely photos of Dylan. How did you manage to keep him looking so clean on a beach? My lot always get wet and a lot of sand in their coat. Is Leigh-on-Sea near Southend? I’m sure we used to go there when we lived in Essex.

Lovely photos of Dylan. How did you manage to keep him looking so clean on a beach? My lot always get wet and a lot of sand in their coat. Is Leigh-on-Sea near Southend? I’m sure we used to go there when we lived in Essex.

Hi Sabby, yes Leigh is the next town to Southend, you just turn right along the sea front at Southend. It's a very old town and now it's very expensive to live there in the beautiful old terrace cottages. The whole area has had a face lift.

I think the sand was quite compact so he didn't get too dirty, I didn't let him in the water, it is the tidal Thames Estuary after all.:grnyuk:

Gorgeous pics of Dylan :luv:. Lovely to read that you met another little cav on the beach, I can just imagine Dylan smothering the owners with sand :rotfl:.
(You can't take dogs on the beach from May until the end of September here either, bit of a pain when we are on a beach holiday in August. Although there is a small section of beach called Newton beach but you have to be careful cause it can be mucky with oil or something.)

Gorgeous pics of Dylan :luv:. Lovely to read that you met another little cav on the beach, I can just imagine Dylan smothering the owners with sand :rotfl:.
(You can't take dogs on the beach from May until the end of September here either, bit of a pain when we are on a beach holiday in August. Although there is a small section of beach called Newton beach but you have to be careful cause it can be mucky with oil or something.)

Have you been to the Gower coast in Wales? I used to leave near the Mumbles. The most spectacular beaches I've seen.

Hi Pauline, I used to take the kids to mumbles when they were younger, they used to love the pier, I went camping to Port Eynon when I was about 13, with the school. I don't think I appreciated the beaches but know I wouldn't mind a trip maybe next spring with the dogs.
Where I go on holiday now is South Wales, Porthcawl, not a patch on the Gower though for beaches.

I went camping to Port Eynon when I was about 13, with the school.

My Mum's next door neighbour had a chalet in Port Eynon. Mum could borrow it whenever she liked for free. I went once. It had a patio window with the view of the whole bay. Always huge hills to climb down to beaches but worth it. I couldn't do it now.

Yes, my memories are being stirred, aha, I don't remember huge hills to get to the beach though, mind you it was a long time ago:eek:. I spent 3 nights in a tent, don't think I could do that again.

Hi Pauline. Dylan is so gorgeous and he looks like he is having a wonderful time. It is good for you to get out of the house with him. I am sure he really enjoys it, and you are managing him well with his medications.

I am off to buy a new camera, as mine has gone missing for over two weeks. I need to get some pics up of Dottie and Claire Bear, my darling foster girl. :)

I am off to buy a new camera, as mine has gone missing for over two weeks. I need to get some pics up of Dottie and Claire Bear, my darling foster girl. :)

That will be great, I've been looking forward to seeing your foster. :snap:

Back