• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dragging bottom on ground?

Feebee

Please can someone tell me why he does this? he sits down and pulls using his front paws so that his bottom is dragging on the ground, (he is a 10year old dog and i never been a dog owner before i got him a few weeks ago)

thanks!

it could be that his anal glands are full. if they get to bad they can get infected.

what are you feeding him on?

he is on eukanuba but not for seniors as when i first got him i didnt know his true age, he was on tux before this and im sure i saw him do the same thing on tux.. sorry i also noted that i said i got him a few weeks ago its actually more like 5 now lol! time flies!

time does fly :D

to be blunt are his poo's firm or soggy?

Peaches's used to be really squishy and she got full glands twice. i moved her on to half james wellbeloved and half chappie wet dog food. touch wood she has been ok since. i am not a expert by any means but if he is doing it alot it's worth getting it checked.

most of the time they come out formed, but do loose their shape when i pick them up, the joys of dog walking! ill talk to my vet tomorrow as he is booked in due for a tooth removal and check up, they may be able to suggest food that we have in New Zealand! :) thanks for you help!

Eukanuba although isn't popular normally produces very good hard poo ....it may be his anal glands or he may just like scratching his bum on ya floor LOL all my cavs do it and they have regualr empties
PS they like doing it most when you have friends round for dinner they entertain the guests by scooting from one end of the room to the other LOL :)

In my experience with my 2 it usually points to the anal glangs being full.
I usually add bran to my 2's diet so it becomes less likely to happen but my vet said that it can become a habit for them to scoot also. So i give their bottom a wee clean with a cotton pad and water and if they scoot continuously then it is anal gland emptying time!
A wee trip to the vet to get the glands checked and emptied if needed if you are really worried.

PS they like doing it most when you have friends round for dinner they entertain the guests by scooting from one end of the room to the other LOL :smile:

apologies but that made me laugh

Back