• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I give up

Ciren

i just put her newly washed bedding back in her crate, back door was wide open mind and i am pretty sure she had been out as her paws etc were wet, but yup you guessed it she had peed in her crate, at this point i give up. if she wants to do that who am i to argue, i will occasionally wash it to stop it going manky.

Don't give up-she'll get it but in the meantime go back to day 1 of training a puppy and start there. I know, what a pain but it's no worse than the awful frustration you feel now. I guess you'd call it repeating a "grade" or remedial training. Not all dogs mature at the same pace and you aren't the only one having problems with this. If you have a good training book refresh yourself with it :xfngr:. Good luck :hug:.

Oh yuk, I guess she doesn't like that freshly washed scent of fabric conditioner and decided to put a more appealing scent on the bedding.Little minx!

This is probably an indication that she isn't fully housetrained in which case you really need to take her out, not allow her out and guess whether she has gone or not. Dogs from rescue backgrounds that were not housetrained before very well, or at all, may never be fully reliable but usually they will eventually be, but they tend to need several months of consistent work to get to where they are mostly reliable. You really need to not give up or she will never be fully housetrained. I agree that she needs to be taken from back to day one of puppy training -- absolutely never out of sight or out of reach, watched like a hawk, and taken out at regular intervals on a lead where someone stays right with her til she goes.

Don’t give up. My Harley goes to the back door all the time to let me know he needs to go out, and then suddenly he has a day where he doesn’t even make an attempt to go to the back door he just poos in front of my living room door and has a tinkle on my rug in my living room. That happens about once or twice a week. We all have set backs. Just persevere.

Also wash the crate liner in bio powder (breaks down the scent and chemicals), pop it back in dry and comfy and then feed her in the crate without the bowl. Scatter the food around the crate liner for next 2 weeks allowing her to eat from this new surface.

Also some dogs like to pee where it can be absorbed and not get on their feet so make sure that she has grass area which is clean from poop and dry. You can actually leave that crate liner outside to see if she will go on that and start again with a fresh liner and the new feeding pattern.

Finally, just to be on the safe side make sure she doesn't have UTI or tummy upset. If you are unsure bring a fresh urine sample to your vet.

Good luck.

Back