• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hamish's 1st show

Ruth W

Hi,
We took our Hamish for his 1st show at the weekend at Dumfries DG 0ne centre and had a lovely time! he even got a rosette:D ok it was for reserve but its a start and he did really well considering he doesn't get to see many people/dogs as we live out in the country.
We met some lovely people and will definatly be entering more shows, even if he doesn't win its still a great day out.
He's 6mths 6 days old so was the baby there and he walked fine but likes to have a sit down on the table;) we saw some beautiful dogs and the hall was very well set out.
One thing we'd like to know is what's the best shampoo/conditioner etc to use when preparing for the show as some of the cavalier coats were VERY silky? Our Hamish still has his puppy curls:) but the judge said he will make a lovely dog when he's fully grown which was very nice to hear.
My husband Brian loved seeing all the dogs and wanted to bring them all home (he hasn't been to a dog show before)
All in all we are looking forward to showing and getting to meet other Cavvy people
Bye
Ruth:)

Congratulations,
Any photos??
It's good to hear Hamish enjoyed his big day out, Well done to you both.
Sins

WELL DONE Hamish, Ruth and Brian

Hi Ruth,
I was tickled pink (or should that be blue..) when I opened your e-mail earlier today to find out how my Lacye's boy did at his first show. I am also glad to see you on this site. If you go to my page I have albums with puppy pics of his litter.

Congratulations and I know he will do well in the future.

Beth

Well done to little Hamish, and what a great name:D

I didn't even realise the was a show on at DG One(I stay in Dumfries), shows how much attention I pay to things:rolleyes:

Photo of little Hamish

047copy.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a picture of our wee Hamish hope it works ok
Thanks
Ruth

Suesitna IditarodDream / Hamish

Hi there Ruth,

If you look up member Pinky from the site, she has Hamish's brother Suesita Yukon Quest or Phoenix as he his "daytime" name... She has some cute pics of her baby on her page. He is the pup we took to meet his new parents the day before you came to meet "Broadband". Give your boy a hug from his human grandma...

Beth and tribe

Congrats on your firsdt show...(y) I bet you´ve gotten the "show-bug" allready:)
Hamish look very sweet :luv:

HI
I was at the show and spoke to you about your boy Hamish.I was showing my daughters German Wirehaired Pointer puppy she was the one who had swallowed the baby, I am glad you had a nice day hope to see you at some othere shows.
Edwina.(y)

Ah he looks a cutie. Well done at the show. He did well to get anything on his first time out.:)

Back