• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rex isn't well..

Louise1823

I seem to be at the vets weekly this month - twice in the last two weeks with Millie and this week it was Rex's turn :(

I was off work on Monday and noticed around 12 that a small lump (like a cyst) was forming on the inner part of his eye. As the vets was closed until 5pm, I said I would keep an eye on it and if it got worse I would take him in that evening. (I was thinking maybe he had caught the eye infection that Millie had last week)

He had his walk, and within about an hour and a half, both his eyes, nose and muzzle were all swollen and lumpy looking. He was very sleepy and snoring quite loudly (he never snores, so this really worried me)
We brough him straight down to the vets (even though it was out of regular hours) and they took him in and decided it was best to keep him in overnight. He had antibiotic shots and they just kept close watch on him (he had also started to drool after we brought him down).
Got him home yesterday thank God - with 10 days worth of antibiotics and other tablets to settle his tummy.
The vet thinks it was an allergic reaction to a sting or a bite.
All the symptoms are gone now except for the upset tummy - I was up with him 4 times last night to let him out to the loo (every hour on the hour from 3am :rolleyes:), so Im hoping the tablets will start helping this soon.
:xfngr: this will be the last time I have to go to the vets again for a while as Im sure they are sick of the sight of us at this stage!! And Im hoping I can get through today without being found asleep at my desk :slp:

Sorry to hear Rex isn’t well. Hopefully with the help of the medicine he will be feeling a lot better.
I know how you feeling in the last month I must have been at the vets at least once a week and I have been up a few night with Harleys or Ebonys upset tummy’s. Luckily I can take it easy during the day as I haven’t got a job at the moment. Hope you make it through the day without dozing of at you desk.

Oh, poor Rex, I hope he is feeling much better now! Lizzie got into some fireants (their mound was between some flower border rocks and I couldn't see it) and they stung her on the face. Fortunately, I was right there, got them off before more bit her and gave her benedryl to calm any reaction and she was okay. You might want to remember the benedryl if you ever suspect it of happening again in the future. My vet told me that is what they would give, and they give it at a rate of 1 mg per pound.

Rex is a good bit better now - didn't get up last night to go to the loo so thats definitely a good sign that the tablets are working :rolleyes:
I just about made it through work yesterday, I had everyone warned to nudge me if they saw me snoozing :D
Im just glad I was here when it happened, its scary to think that it could have happened when he was on his own - the reaction came up so quick... Millie's eye has cleared up nicely too, so :xfngr: no more visits to the vet for a while!

Back