PDA

View Full Version : Pees on legs

jlcookie
25th November 2008, 03:35 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have this problem with their Cav's peeing on their front legs and tummy? Is there a way to stop them from doing this? We are getting tired of having to wash him off three or four times a day. Plus it is quite gross :bang:

cy1266
25th November 2008, 08:06 PM
Miles pees on his front legs, but not his tummy. Truman, who still pees like a girl, doesn't seem to pee on himself. I haven't found any way to prevent this, and I'm not cutting off his leg feathering, so he just gets his front legs washed more often :rolleyes:

Lani
25th November 2008, 08:16 PM
Lucky does this too.

Sorry I have no words of wisdom on how to prevent it. Some dogs just seem to be more prone to this than others. Sparky is a neat little pee-er and never wets his legs.

lorebringer
25th November 2008, 08:42 PM
Loads of male dogs do this - is really damn annoying! I have had a few that pee all over themselves and then stink of pee (not to mention if they are not neutered, they small ten times worse) :rolleyes:

I have found that snipping the hair on the tip of their manly bits helps to direct everything away from thenselves (not a nice job at all but it really can help). The only other thing I can say is keep their underside and legs trimmed to avoid pee. Other than this there isn't really much that can be done.

Chardonnay
25th November 2008, 08:58 PM
Thank goodness I have a female! lol She's too much of a princess to pee on herself

butchysmom
25th November 2008, 09:12 PM
YEAH! My Butchy does the same thing. He is two years old now. But He still do this. :confused:

jlcookie
25th November 2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the comments. It is appreciated.cavtiny

Sunna
25th November 2008, 11:06 PM
Oh yes, Fjalar pees on his front legs and tummy all the time! I wash him quite often but also trim him once in a while.

*Pauline*
25th November 2008, 11:33 PM
I did encourage squatting, less massy. I was amazed how much it helped to use thinning scissors to trim Dylan's leg feathers helped.:thmbsup:

Juniors Daddy
25th November 2008, 11:49 PM
my junior does this too glad im not alone it is a bugger to have to wash him constantly !!

cricky19
1st December 2008, 04:04 AM
Charlie pees both ways: squatting and lifting the leg. He still pees on his stomach and leg, unless he is peeing a tree or bush. We just cross our fingers and hopes he hits his target and not himself.:xfngr: