• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pees on legs

jlcookie

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have this problem with their Cav's peeing on their front legs and tummy? Is there a way to stop them from doing this? We are getting tired of having to wash him off three or four times a day. Plus it is quite gross :bang:

Miles pees on his front legs, but not his tummy. Truman, who still pees like a girl, doesn't seem to pee on himself. I haven't found any way to prevent this, and I'm not cutting off his leg feathering, so he just gets his front legs washed more often :rolleyes:

Lucky does this too.

Sorry I have no words of wisdom on how to prevent it. Some dogs just seem to be more prone to this than others. Sparky is a neat little pee-er and never wets his legs.

Peeing

Loads of male dogs do this - is really damn annoying! I have had a few that pee all over themselves and then stink of pee (not to mention if they are not neutered, they small ten times worse) :rolleyes:

I have found that snipping the hair on the tip of their manly bits helps to direct everything away from thenselves (not a nice job at all but it really can help). The only other thing I can say is keep their underside and legs trimmed to avoid pee. Other than this there isn't really much that can be done.

Jasper did this for awhile but thankfully grew out of it. He started doing it when he was about 8 months old...right when he learned to lift his leg. After we got him neutered at 10 months, he stopped.

It was such a pain to have to clean him up after every trip out. It was always worse with his first pee of the day. He'd have to come straight to the sink to get his feet and stomach washed. For smaller incidents, baby wipes helped. I also tried that Paul Mitchell waterless shampoo (like a foam), which helped somewhat.

I bet your Cav will probably grow out of it as he gets a little older. :xfngr:

Lori

Oh yes, Fjalar pees on his front legs and tummy all the time! I wash him quite often but also trim him once in a while.

I did encourage squatting, less massy. I was amazed how much it helped to use thinning scissors to trim Dylan's leg feathers helped.(y)

Charlie pees both ways: squatting and lifting the leg. He still pees on his stomach and leg, unless he is peeing a tree or bush. We just cross our fingers and hopes he hits his target and not himself.:xfngr:

Back