• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oscar - Tri Cavalier in rescue needs eye op

Nicki

Oscar was originally a Cavalier Talk dog:
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=25497

Misty {Fran} fostered him on behalf of the Spaniel Trust for a few months, and he was then rehomed. Sadly the home did not work out and Oscar has bounced back…:(

Oscar is currently stopping with me {again on behalf of the Spaniel Trust} - sadly he has come back in a poor condition and has some problems. He is still morbidly obese - he weighed in at 15kg on arrival :eek:

Oscar’s right eye produces no tears at all - because this has not been treated properly, it is sadly now beyond saving. Oscar has an infection in it, and as he produces no tears, the pus adheres to the surface of the eye which is very unpleasant and sore for him. I am bathing it at least twice a day and putting drops or medication in every two hours…

Oscar went to my vets for a consultation, they strongly advised removing the eye as it is causing him so many problems, and will be very sore and uncomfortable.

This is Oscar - not looking very happy I’m afraid…

Oscar-sore-eye.jpg

Also some video of him in the snow - he is getting more mobile, regaining some muscle tone and loves being off lead in the field, it’s easier for him to walk on grass than on pavement.

This was taken about five minutes later, by which time he was tired

One of the reasons for telling you all this is that The Spaniel Trust would be very grateful for any help in funding this operation - they are a very small rescue, have only been gong for just over a year, and do not have extensive resources to call upon. Any donations would be gratefully received - if they do receive more than is needed for Oscar’s operation, then any excess would be used to fund veterinary expenses for other dogs in the care of the Spaniel Trust {and possibly for Oscar’s ongoing needs -he will be going out on permanent foster}

Please could you donate by Paypal, and note that it is for Oscar. Alternatively cheques may be sent to the Spaniel Trust, Beul-an-Ath, Dervaig, Tobermory, Isle of Mull. PA75 6QS

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/w...cf49521b3f5af8500b6262ba08c6a6c42096c47a6d044

The Spaniel Trust are a registered Scottish charity, any questions may be directed to [email protected] or myself.

Thank you in advance for your help and support, and kisses from Oscar xx

Hmmmm Well you certainly know how to pull the heart strings:), that photo just about clinches it. (y)

He just breaks my heart Nicki!! He looked so happy and comfy after his haircut by Misty...and then to come back in that kind of condition....just shameful. Loved watching romp in the snow.

I tried to link to paypal but it didn't work.

Solved that....I used the link in your signature and clicked on the donate button. Easy as pie.

Thank you to everyone who has very kindly sent donations, it's much appreciated. We are still short of the target so any further help would be fabulous :D

Thank you also for the kind comments - sorry to be tugging at heartstrings, but he's a very special boy and deserves a lot better - and to be free of pain and happy, what we would wish for all our companions :lotsaluv:

Back