• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

*Pauline* has a letter in Dog World breed notes.

Margaret C

I have just received my Dog World & would like to say well done to *Pauline* for writing to explain how seeing the BBC film helped her realise what was wrong with Dylan.

And congratulations to the breed note writer, Norma Inglis, for allowing the other side of the story to be told.

I don't think this week's articles are up on the website yet, but you certainly should be able to read Pauline's contribution tomorrow.

Margaret C

What a shock, I came home from college and read this thread, I had to pop straight out so couldn't reply sooner. I am so happy. I am really grateful to Norma and considering we have had our ups and downs, it was very gracious of her. An extra joy for me as I'm dyslexic and failed English twice so to get something in a paper is a big deal for me, even if it is only brief.

Problem now is, where can I get a copy, or two!!!!:rolleyes:
:jump::jump:

I've just seen breed notes and your account of Dylan's diagnosis is there.
It reinforces the importance of bringing a dog with SM under immediate medical supervision and the importance of awareness of the condition.
Well done to both you and Norma.
Sins

(y) A somewhat belated post as I have been away, but well done Pauline for this article. Also, credit to Norma for printing it.

I know that many Cavalier breeders were up in arms about Pedigree Dogs Exposed but they can't dispute that it did publicise SM to Cavalier owners who may not have known the symptoms before. I am sure it has saved many Cavaliers from unnecessary suffering now that more owners know what to look for.

When I called the Royal Veterinary College a couple of weeks ago, Dylan's neurologist said that week had been the first with no Cavaliers, since the show I assume. Dogs who would otherwise be in pain getting a diagnosis and pain relief is a major triumph.

Of course doing all that can be done to prevent the need for pain meds in the first place is what I was ultimately hoping for.

Back