PDA

View Full Version : Bailey's got conjunctivitis

Ejay
28th November 2008, 04:05 PM
My poor puppy is ill again, she has had green gunge in her eyes for a few days and theyfil up as soon as i have cleared them!

I took her tothe vets this avo and she had her tears checked and dye put in her eyes to check the eye - she looks really strange with orange eyes!!

I've been given eye cream to put in so waiting my Nick to get home as i think she'll wriggle if i try by myself.

the good news is she has grown!!!! (not by much, but it all helps!!) she now weighs a whopping.... 3.85kg which means she has put on 0.2kg in approx 5 weeks, which is much better than nothing at all. At nearly 8 months i was hoping we may have just passed the 4kg mark, but sadly no such luck!

I also asked about spaying her while i was there but they have sugsted against putting her under anaesthetic til she is a lot more stable.

Now i am off to cuddle my orange eyed monster :hug:

brotymo
28th November 2008, 05:01 PM
poor girl. you have had a time with her. I can hardly believe how tiny she is. My 14 week old Lizzie weighs as much as Bailey.

merlinsmum
28th November 2008, 09:41 PM
Hope Bailey's eye clear up soon:paw:

Shelli
28th November 2008, 10:11 PM
Hope Bailey is feeling better soon :hug:

hbmama
29th November 2008, 04:42 AM
Poor little Bailey ill again! You have been through so much with her. Hopefully her little system will soon settle and she won't continue to have so many health issues. :xfngr:

diddy
29th November 2008, 10:45 PM
Sending a hug for Bailey, poor little darling. I hope that she is soon much better.

Ejay
30th November 2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks for all your good-wishes for Bailey!

Well these eye drops are brilliant - the ees are already producing far less gunk and Bailey seems a lot happier in herself.

Bailey herself has been a little star, i was somewhat dreading her being a wriggler, but she just sits there on Nick's lap and lets me pop the eye cream in with no fuss - what a little star!!