PDA

View Full Version : Could we manage just 1 more?

Rj Mac
29th November 2008, 05:40 PM
After reading Brian's post about his wish for another dog, it has got us thinking again, and pondering the possibility of maybe having just 1 more Cav, Lisa would have a houseful if I wasn't watching :lol:

We've got the time, and space for 1, and I suppose 4 wouldn't much be more work than 3?

If we did decide to go for it, I think we'd love to home another rescue........

Forgive my ramblings.......just thinking "out loud" so to speakicon_nwunsure

lorebringer
29th November 2008, 06:52 PM
I found the biggest transition is from 2 to 3, after that it isn't as difficult. These "shoud I get just one more?" thoughts are always going through my head and eventually my willpower will give in (and by "willpower" I mean the OH!). The biggest probs tend to occur in the first little while (takes a bit for everyone to find their place) but once this has all panned out it's plain sailing (or so the story goes!).

Def go for a rescue if you are getting one (even if it is not a Cavalier) because they are some amazing dogs that have been treated terribley and the right one is always out there! Let us know how you get on with your thoughts :thmbsup:

Brian M
29th November 2008, 07:46 PM
Hi Rj

Yes do it :rah::thmbsup:

emsley
29th November 2008, 08:08 PM
Have just gone from 2 to 4 - no question in my mind

DO IT !!!

Karlin
30th November 2008, 12:59 PM
Well we can always talk! :rotfl:

I have several at the moment including two nice boys.

rosiesmum
30th November 2008, 04:13 PM
Well we can always talk! :rotfl:

I have several at the moment including two nice boys.

I can help with transport if need be! I will be going from Belfast to Stranraer on the 21st December ;)

Charleen
4th December 2008, 12:43 AM
I found that there wasn't much difference going from 3 to 4 dogs. I say go for it!:jump:

Jay
4th December 2008, 03:03 AM
I went from 2 dogs to 4. I have never regretted getting #3 and 4. A couple of things to consider....it is more time, especially grooming. My four seem to each have different coat types, so some need more grooming than others, but I spend a LOT of time brushing, bathing, trimming nails, brushing teeth, etc.

We are always a sight at training class. It is harder training 4. Everyone wants to get in the act. The pack mentality is really strong with 4.

My biggest issue with 4 are vet bills. I took all four in for dentals......talk about sticker shock! The dental bill was in the four digits! That being said, next year, I will space out dentals throughout the year.

Do I love having four? Oh...you betcha! As long as you have a little stash of cash for vet bills....go for it! I would love to get #5. I need a tri color.:-) I agree with going with a rescue. #3 and 4 were rescues. I know that when I get another cavalier...it will definitely be a rescue.
J.