• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Could we manage just 1 more?

Rj Mac

After reading Brian's post about his wish for another dog, it has got us thinking again, and pondering the possibility of maybe having just 1 more Cav, Lisa would have a houseful if I wasn't watching :lol:

We've got the time, and space for 1, and I suppose 4 wouldn't much be more work than 3?

If we did decide to go for it, I think we'd love to home another rescue........

Forgive my ramblings.......just thinking "out loud" so to speakicon_nwunsure

Another one

I found the biggest transition is from 2 to 3, after that it isn't as difficult. These "shoud I get just one more?" thoughts are always going through my head and eventually my willpower will give in (and by "willpower" I mean the OH!). The biggest probs tend to occur in the first little while (takes a bit for everyone to find their place) but once this has all panned out it's plain sailing (or so the story goes!).

Def go for a rescue if you are getting one (even if it is not a Cavalier) because they are some amazing dogs that have been treated terribley and the right one is always out there! Let us know how you get on with your thoughts (y)

Well we can always talk! :rotfl:

I have several at the moment including two nice boys.

I found that there wasn't much difference going from 3 to 4 dogs. I say go for it!:jump:

I went from 2 dogs to 4. I have never regretted getting #3 and 4. A couple of things to consider....it is more time, especially grooming. My four seem to each have different coat types, so some need more grooming than others, but I spend a LOT of time brushing, bathing, trimming nails, brushing teeth, etc.

We are always a sight at training class. It is harder training 4. Everyone wants to get in the act. The pack mentality is really strong with 4.

My biggest issue with 4 are vet bills. I took all four in for dentals......talk about sticker shock! The dental bill was in the four digits! That being said, next year, I will space out dentals throughout the year.

Do I love having four? Oh...you betcha! As long as you have a little stash of cash for vet bills....go for it! I would love to get #5. I need a tri color.:) I agree with going with a rescue. #3 and 4 were rescues. I know that when I get another cavalier...it will definitely be a rescue.
J.

Back