• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wrigley's Test Results are In

Wrigs Mom

Wrigley does not have any issues with his thyroid. His tests came back perfectly normal :) Now, the issue is....what is wrong with him??? The vet is calling me back today to discuss a game plan. The nurse asked me if he was drinking a lot more water. He definitely isn't, is eating normal, going to the bathroom, is initiating playtime, and sleeping well. She said that the hair loss could be Cushing's Disease, but one of the other symptoms is him drinking a lot more water, which just isn't the case. I feel like this is a "mystery illness". What's so hard about it is that he is acting perfectly normal and fine. Just has a bald spot under his neck and hair loss around his shoulders. Anyone else have any idea on what this could be?

Just guessing here, but do you use a 'spot on' flea treatment? Its quite rare, but dogs have been known to be allergic to the spirit base.

I talked to the vet just now. He said that he's going to give Wrigley a supplement to help with hair growth. It's like a vitamin that helps with blood flow, bone strength, hair growth, etc. The vet doesn't seem to be too worried and said the supplement will help if it's allergies. We're going to give this a try for a few months. I'm so glad his blood tests came back great, so hopefully the supplement will help the little guy. I appreciate all the support. I'll keep you posted!

I hope the supplement does the trick for Wrigley and his coat comes back soon!!

Back