• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing Roxy

Shelli

On Monday we brought home Roxy,a lovely Ruby girl. She's almost 4 years old and has had a pretty rough time :( She was kept outdoors :eek: She is very nervous around people but is beginning to trust us. She has to be fed in her crate as she will growl and bark at Ollie if he comes within 5 feet of her when she has food. She isnt housetrained and so is under constant supervision, with no accidents (or attempts to toilet insides) so far.

Ollie wasnt too sure of her at first but is starting to warm to her. I'm sure they will be great friends in time as she is such a sweet little thing.

Here are some pics, they're not great, I'll post better ones when she has settled a bit more.

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

She is beautiful Shelli

She's almost 4 years old and has had a pretty rough time :( She was kept outdoors

Same as my little rescue boy, bet she will settle in with you in no time at all. :luv:

She is really beautiful and looks happy in the third photo down. So nice to see her inside where she belongs

Ahh bless her, but her hard times are over now and her life of luxury as started with you, I am sure she will settle down and that she and Ollie will the best of friends very soon, they make a gorgeous pair, congratulations :D.

Oh she's a little doll! Good on you for giving her a better home. Can't believe they kept her outside.

Can't believe they kept her outside.

The sad thing is they saw nothing wrong with this!!

The poor thing was so dirty and smelly. She loved having a bath, suppose it was a novelty & she was warm. She's going to be groomed on Saturday, so she'll be a new doggie :p

Then the diet begins :eek:

How could they keep her outside?

It is beyond me how people think - I remember seeing one one of the 'Animal cops Houston' programs there was a family that kept a tiny elderley Chihuahua out the back & the poor thing was chained up & only had a vari kennel (no blankets or anything) to sleep in. Thankfully they signed the poor thing over right away & the Police woman who helps them a lot fostered her & they showed her with a little sweater on looking really happy!

She is very pretty. I'm glad you have rescued her from a life outside. :( I'm sure in time she will repay you with lots and lots of good Cavalier lovin'. :D

She is so cute! What an adorable litte face :lotsaluv: I'm glad she's in a wonderful home and has a new brother to keep her company, just in time for the holidays! :luv:

She is lovely...love her fluffy "hair-piece":luv:

Why on earth do people get a cavalier (of all dogbreeds !)and keep it outside???So sad :mad:....Roxie is lucky and I´m sure she´ll pay you back with unconditional love in the future:)

She is beautiful, and will only get better and better after all the TLC she will get....congratulations on your new family member.

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments :)

She is really starting to settle in now, although she still spents most of the time in her crate. She wont even come out to play with Ollie, but I suppose this is all new to her. Her crate is in the kitchen so she is still in the middle of it all even if she is just watching.

She was much brighter this morning when I came downstairs, she was jumping up and wagging her tail, so I'm really happy with her progress.
I even got my first kiss from her this morning :jump:

Back