PDA

View Full Version : Putting on Muttluks

gandp
3rd December 2008, 04:14 PM
The snow and ice arrived this past weekend, and we were prepared with a pair of Muttluks - but I couldn't get them on!

It had to be a two person job with one of us holding open the elastic/fabric with both hands, and the other person steering Ragnar's paw into it. Surely there must be some secret to getting these on with one person. How do you do it??

Thanks in advance!

arasara
3rd December 2008, 09:27 PM
The way I do it is I flip the top part (the elastic sock-like part) down over the shoe, then I put it on the foot, and then I pull it up :) I also put them on when the dogs are laying on their backs on my lap :P I got them used to that when they were young so they are fine with it. :flwr:

cy1266
4th December 2008, 12:39 AM
The way I do it is I flip the top part (the elastic sock-like part) down over the shoe, then I put it on the foot, and then I pull it up

That's what I do too :)

Cathy Moon
4th December 2008, 01:25 AM
OMG!!! Thanks for that info!:thmbsup:

I have 3 pairs of muttluks and I couldn't get them on their feet, so I had to dip their paws in warm water to get the snow and ice balls off - multiple times per day and 12 little paws!!!!! That's at least 60 paw dips per day!:sl*p:

I have got to try it!

gandp
4th December 2008, 06:43 PM
Great tips - Thank you!

Last night Ragnar was really traumatized by putting them on, he was shuddering uncontrollably during the whole process while he was on my lap. I felt bad for him, but it was kind of funny in a way because we knew it wasn't actually hurting him at all. This morning he didn't fuss at all while I put them on. He just went "dogatonic" as we call it and let me maneuver them onto his paws.

He was really funny walking around with them on for the first time. He got used to them real quick though and I dare say, even was better behaved on our walks, though he had a few wipe outs on the ice!

asherotter31
7th December 2008, 02:00 AM
OMG!!! Thanks for that info!:thmbsup:

I have 3 pairs of muttluks and I couldn't get them on their feet, so I had to dip their paws in warm water to get the snow and ice balls off - multiple times per day and 12 little paws!!!!! That's at least 60 paw dips per day!:sl*p:

I have got to try it!

Did you get xxsmalls? I am wondering if they are hard to get on because they are too narrow, but I ordered them online so I was not able to look at the other sizes...