• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bunny hopping up stairs

Love my Cavaliers

I originally posted this in the SM forum, but maybe it's better here in general discussion. I have just made the observation that Riley (my SM dog) and Oz (malformation with mild herniation but no syrinxes) bunny hop up stairs. My other two just walk, alternating legs as they go up. Is there a connection between this behavior and SM? I know there is a link with SM and bunny hopping when walking, but does that translate into going up stairs also? Or do dogs without SM also bunny hop up the stairs?

I think the only possible answer is -- it could be related, or may have nothing at all to do with CM/SM. :) It may just be the way a given dog runs up stairs. A neurologist observing the dogs would probably be the only one that could analyze movement and do a physical exam to make a proper assessment.

Neither of my dogs with SM bunny hop up stairs. And only one sometimes bunny hops on walks, if he is also trying to scratch.

Back