• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pumpkin

avejo

I seem to remember seeing some posters say that they give their dogs pumpkin. I was cooking with some organic canned pumpkin today, and there's a bit left over. I gave Lady a little taste and she LOVED it. The consistency seems like it would work well as a kong stuffer (particularly if I freezed it). Has anyone done this? Can too much pumpkin be a bad thing? Oh, and I checked the ingredients, and the only thing listed is organic pumpkin. Thanks for any suggestions! :)

I think you can use whatever you want -- it would make a good frozen kong stuffer! Most people feeding it add a TBSP or so per mean but it is basically just a vegetable. Maybe some others have tried larger amounts?

My guys get a pretty good sized "glob" of pumpkin with their dinner every night. I've heard of a lot of people stuffing and freezing a kong with it also. Too much can be a problem as it can cause constipation but a good sized "glob" (sorry for the non technical term :D, I suppose heaping tablespoon would be more appropriate) should be fine. My guys love pumpkin.

I have read a lot about canned pumpkin on the forum and when I was shopping I tried to look for it. Can’t find it in Asdas or Tescos. Where do you all buy canned pumpkin in the UK?

Charlie likes pumpkin, but you have to tell him its a treat and it can't be frozen. We used it to help with runny poop, but finally just changed his food. But he does like his treats.:p

I freeze pumpkin all the time. I fill up an ice cube tray with canned pumpkin and then top if off with a little water and freeze it. Then I give it to the dogs as little frozen treats. They love it. I like it frozen because it takes them longer to eat it and it gives the feeling that they got something good because it takes time to chew on it.

In America the Canned Pumpkin is found in the Baking aisle at the grocery store. I didn't realize that it is hard to find in the UK.

You can buy canned Pumpkin in Waitrose!! Its 'Libbys' 100% Natural Pumpkin and costs about £1.30 a can (there or there abouts anyway)

I stock up often, they keep it all year round, normally in the canned fruit isle..

Hope this helps

Sonja

My guys get a pretty good sized "glob" of pumpkin with their dinner every night. I've heard of a lot of people stuffing and freezing a kong with it also. Too much can be a problem as it can cause constipation but a good sized "glob" (sorry for the non technical term , I suppose heaping tablespoon would be more appropriate) should be fine.

Haha, that's exactly how I would describe how much pumpkin each of my boys get every morning! :)

Back