PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: 10 year old male, Dublin

Karlin
8th December 2008, 12:01 AM
Owners are trying to place a 10 year old male. Would anyone welcome in a senior for his golden years? I will try and get a picture and some more information. Not a great time for a senior to try and find a home, leading into the holidays. :(

Shivers
8th December 2008, 12:07 PM
We could foster if you were stuck. The poor fella. How can someone have a dog for 10 years and just decide they dont want him :(
We will be home a lot in the weeks coming up to Christmas. As, you know we have the kids (older boy is 10 so not a problem), anyway, you can give me a shout if we can help (also could do transport if you needed us to) :)

Karlin
8th December 2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the offer, which I will keep in mind :); waiting to see whether the family want help. I think they prefer a home and not to have him go into foster -- where I cannot guarantee how long it might take to find a home. :( I don't want to have to move an older dog around too much between fosters.

Karlin
8th December 2008, 07:36 PM
Family say they will put him in the pound if a home isn't found fast. :mad:

*Pauline*
8th December 2008, 07:52 PM
Family say they will put him in the pound if a home isn't found fast. :mad:

Maybe they need "fostering" explained. Perhaps they think they will get him back as is the case with children in foster homes sometimes. They might not know this is their best option. Can you phone them? Hope it works out.

CavCross
8th December 2008, 09:28 PM
The poor little man - just have 3 questions Do you know why they are getting rid of this dog at his age, did they mention how he gets on with other dogs & is he neutered? Nothing is stone but *may* know someone interested but I do think he would have to be neutered and have a feeling that won't be the case :xfngr:

Karlin
8th December 2008, 09:28 PM
Oh I don't even have him. I am trying to get him. They are threatening to stick him in the pound if he isn't gone right away. I am sure they could care less where he goes, foster or wherever. :( "Moving in a week".

Aileen
8th December 2008, 10:13 PM
He is welcome to come here if you have not got no were else
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Shivers
9th December 2008, 11:02 AM
That sounds quite callous of them to be honest. The poor thing :( I hope you get somewhere for him soon and the offer to foster still stands. We would be more than happy to hang on to him for a few weeks or whatever

Mindysmom
9th December 2008, 01:41 PM
:-( That makes me so sad. Mindy is 10 (well closer to 11 but I'm in denial) and she is the joy of my life. Too bad we're so far away.

CavCross
9th December 2008, 05:44 PM
Do you have a number for them that they would be happy for you to give out? My mam is interested but would need to meet him with Abbie her 11 year old to make sure all is okay between them before she could commit. Its vital that he would be okay with other dogs as Abbie comes here at least twice a week and I take her out walking etc so obviously the little man would be the same.

Karlin
9th December 2008, 06:01 PM
Will PM you or give you a call. :)

Karlin
11th December 2008, 11:38 AM
OK, getting this guy today and he does need a foster space. Am told he is a gorgeous lively older man, well groomed, friendly with people and dogs. Not neutered.

Shivers
11th December 2008, 02:13 PM
I have room at the inn - other half home all day today (except for when he is doing school run) and ill be home as well this evening. Both home tomorrow if you want to come for a visit.
Between the two of us we will be home a lot for remainder of December so the offer is there........ :)

Karlin
11th December 2008, 06:16 PM
He's ok for this evening, then tomorrow will likely go to a trial home/foster. Thanks for all the offers of help!

CavCross
17th December 2008, 09:05 AM
Well just an update on this little guy - he is in foster with my Mam and I am pretty sure he is not going anywhere else!!! He is up in bed every morning with her and her older terrier, she has puppia, kongs, bed etc for him and she takes them out for a walk every morning bright and earlier. She is completely smitten with him and is trying to train him hand signals as he is deaf. Nothing bothers him, he is great - will be meeting the terrible two tomorrow but he has already met Charlie and he just takes everything in his stride :lotsaluv:

pippa
17th December 2008, 09:31 AM
Great news looks like he has found a lovely home!

coconut
17th December 2008, 10:34 AM
Well that is great news!!

*Pauline*
17th December 2008, 11:27 AM
Fantastic news, really happy for your Mam. Please post some pics when your two meet him.

Cleo's Person
17th December 2008, 12:22 PM
wonderful news!!!

Sue.k
17th December 2008, 03:22 PM
Thats fantastic news, looks like he has found his forever home :rah:

CavCross
27th December 2008, 12:01 AM
Well here is some updated piccies on the little lad - he needed his teeth done badly so while under got the snip done also. Not a bother AT ALL on him!!! Vet says he is in super shape, no heart probs or anything and his feet are well under the table now at this stage. Dad was not too sure but on xmas morning his tag says ''please can I stay'' How could you say no to a face like that :rah:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1695/196/68/544395380/n544395380_5311732_8475.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1695/196/68/544395380/n544395380_5311736_9397.jpg

Chuck
27th December 2008, 03:19 PM
What a happy ending to this topicl A wonderful Chrismas for all.

pippa
27th December 2008, 03:26 PM
Ah he looks so settled.

Karlin
27th December 2008, 04:46 PM
Oh the pics are great! Look at your two in their Christmas gear!! :)

CavCross
29th December 2008, 12:25 AM
Yep the poor dogs - I'm sure they are mortified!:jump:

HollyDolly
29th December 2008, 12:56 AM
Anyone who takes in a rescue has my deep admiration especially when they are a senior citizen. The pics are lovely, so happy he is settled with his new friends.
THANKYOU:D

CavCross
29th December 2008, 01:03 AM
I would say to anyone who is even half thinking of going for a senier rescue - go for it!!! My mam was very nervous and changed her mind 100 times even when she was on her way to collect him she called me and said oh i don't think I am doing the right thing!!! But instantly she loved him and is so happy with him - she may as well have a new pup you can't stop her raving about him. Alfie has given the whole house and his extended homes a new lease of life and he's ten - Jodie is like a pup around him - she likes him a little too much maybe. She was out for a wee when he called today and seriously bounced up the garden in 3 hops when she saw him today and slapped him in the head for a game and charlie ran up to join in and he just takes it all in his stride!!! They won't have him for a long time but they will have a great time with him I'm sure of that:lotsaluv: