• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I'm a foster failure!

hbmama

I didn't post earlier because I was waiting for all the red tape to get handled, but......my husband and I have officially adopted our foster girl from Lucky Star Cavalier rescue!! :rah: She is one of the "California 7" that Cathy T. posted about on the rescue board back in November.

Her name is "Claire" and we decided to keep the name because it really suits her. We refer to her as our "Claire-Bear." She came from a puppy mill in Missouri and a team of wonderful volunteers brought her and 6 others out to Arizona, where Cathy T. and Kathy G. drove to pick them all up and bring them back to Southern California.

I initially decided it would be wonderful to help out a less fortunate Cavalier, (for a short timeicon_whistling,) by fostering, and Cathy T. put me in touch with the new area rescue coordinator who came out to do our home check. All went well, and when the big day arrived, we drove to Oceanside to pick out our foster. We brought Dottie along to make sure that the dog we picked would get along with her. Even though all of the dogs were precious, our Claire just seemed to be "the one." She was one of the older dogs and is at least 7, maybe closer to 8yrs old. Her tummy is so stretched from continually having puppies for her entire life, and when initially vetted she was spayed, had 7 teeth removed, and her ears, coat and tail were clipped short due to heavy matting.

Claire is such a forgiving little soul, and just looked up at us with love, a smile and a very waggy tail that first day when we met her. Dottie taught her to use the doggie door on day 2, and she just fit into our family perfectly! We were hopelessly in love with her by then and realized that we needed her as much as she needed us.

I always thought I only wanted one dog, but having two is absolutely wonderful, and the girls even sleep together at night. They adore each other. I will get some pics posted soon. Just wanted to share the good news and thank all who made this love connection possible! Thanks Cathy T., Kathy G. and all the hard working volunteers at Lucky Star!

Oh good nice way to fail:rah::rah:Welcome home to your forever home Clare
--Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

I remember Claire, she was one of my favourites from the pics Cathy posted.:lotsaluv:

I'm so glad it's you who has her and we can learn all about her.:D

Like Brian said, would love to see pictures of them both.:snap:

Congratulations! :jump:

:jump: Congratulations :jump:

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of them both :snap:

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! I remember her photo from the California 7, and she's adorable! :wggle:

That is wonderful -- for all involved! I'm sure she will have a wonderful first real Christmas among kind people this year!

Welcome to the failed foster club hbmama!!! That is great news and now a great new life for Claire Bear! We'll be in Huntington Beach in the new year...we might be lucky and see you out for walkies :dgwlk:

Such a touching story ! I think you have done such a wonderful thing. I dont understand how anyone could treat these special animals like that, but luckily there are people like you in the world that can give her the life she deserves to have. :)

Congratulations Claire on your new family! You are going to spend your golden years being spoiled and fuzzed over by hbmama ....Lucky you.

(y)
We will NEED some pics VEEEEEERY SOOOOON:D

Welcome to the failed foster club hbmama!!! That is great news and now a great new life for Claire Bear! We'll be in Huntington Beach in the new year...we might be lucky and see you out for walkies :dgwlk:

That's wonderful! You must come see us while you are here!

Congratulations!!! My husband was part of the transport from OK to CO and then I hopped on to get this wonderful group to New Mexico for their next leg. Of course I remember sweet Claire! She was the most vocal! I think she was so excited to be where humans cared about her and loved her. She is such a love sponge. Hearing that this group of 7 are getting wonderful, loving homes makes me SO happy!!! I love her eyebrows!

Back