• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sore ear and eye

coconut

Freddie was at the vets last wk with sore ear, he had black stuff coming out of it and the vet cleaned his ear and gave me drop saying that it could have being ear mites, if that was the case would all my dogs not get it?

Now this morning he seems to have a sore eye could both be related if it was not mites?

gosh, I don't know. the black does sound like ear mites, but I'm no vet. You might call the vet and run it by him.
Hope he is better soon.

When Mindy was at the vet for her ears a couple of weeks ago they took a swab. I know that mites was one of the things they checked for because the tech came up and said there were a few bacteria but no mites.

The black stuff does tend to be a sign of mites... my golden retriever gets it, but the cav cross doesn't seem to have it at all, which is odd. I got canaural from the vet for the goldie, and I tend to put it in her ears too when doing his, just in case. I use ear cleaning wipes too before putting in the drops, and they're great. No idea about the eye though - probably best to call the vet and ask.

Back