PDA

View Full Version : Waist Leads

Gem
9th December 2008, 06:36 PM
just wondered if any had used a lead that can go around your waist to keep your hands free whilst on walks.

I have been watching the dog whisperer who seems to use one, just wondered if they were any good?:)

Love my Cavaliers
9th December 2008, 07:24 PM
The only time I used one was when we first got our German Shepherd. She was a 4 month old rescue and was pretty nervous. I used the waist lead so that she would follow me around the house and stay near me. I think it helped with her becoming attached to me and feeling that I was safe. I only used it around the house though. Never thought about it for walks. I guess I felt like I had more control when teaching her to heel and sit at corners if I used a regular leash and collar.

Cathy Moon
10th December 2008, 12:02 AM
I've been wanting one of those for years, but never got around to ordering it. Would love to hear about others' experiences with it.

Lani
10th December 2008, 12:04 AM
I've thought of getting one for when I do outdoor photography but haven't really done any research on them. I'm also interested if anyone has any experience.

asherotter31
10th December 2008, 01:20 AM
I have several by ruffwear - they are adjustable and can be used as a normal leash also. I have the flatout for normal walks and the roamer for jogging or hikes (the jogging is with my irish setter, not my cav so don't panic :))

www.ruffwear.com (http://www.ruffwear.com)

leesanlucie
10th December 2008, 08:27 AM
I use a 6 ft leash and loop it through the handle when round me....and it does the same thing as i also couldnt find a waist lead.:-p

chloe92us
10th December 2008, 06:30 PM
I use my regular 4' leads, but put them both on a heavy-duty clip together and then loop that through a belt. Works the same! It's so much easier when I'm fitness walking because I can swing my arms and control my ipod!