PDA

View Full Version : Poor little Dylan isn't well.

*Pauline*
11th December 2008, 03:01 PM
I woke up this morning to find a rather miserable Dylan with one eye totally covered in gunge. I was really worried at first, I couldn't see the eye ball and it looked white with all the muck in there. I dreaded there being an ulcer but when I cleared the eye with cool boiled water the eye just looked VERY swollen. It looked fine yesterday. By the time we got back home, both eyes were swollen, a good sign as this would indicate an allergy rather than an injury. He is VERY unhappy, not even greeting guests.:(

Last night I vacuumed late and 2 days ago we went to the fields and they have oak trees there, oak spores can irritate. So I was told to lock Dylan out of the room when I hoover and open the windows and don't take him to the field. Looks like we are back to pavement walking again.

We got cream for his eyes and I think I will buy a season ticket for the vets, we are back again next week. This cost me £36.

Jan Bell
11th December 2008, 03:19 PM
:( Sorry to hear that Dylan is unwell - seems so unfair when he has been through so much already.

Hope he improves quickly.:xfngr:

tara
11th December 2008, 03:24 PM
Pauline -- I'm sorry to hear Dylan isn't feeling well. Poor little guy, his eyes must be very irritating. I had to laugh out loud at your "season ticket to the vet" comment. Even though (knock on wood) Holly has been blessed with great health, our senior cat is helping pay my vet's kids way through college:rolleyes:

cy1266
11th December 2008, 05:05 PM
Poor Dylan, I hope he feels better soon! :lotsaluv:

Dublin
11th December 2008, 05:30 PM
Ah poor little fella, hope he's feeling better realy soon Pauline :flwr:

Nicki
11th December 2008, 05:31 PM
Poor wee fellow, he really is in the wars :( Hope he's a bit more comforatble now.

Know what you mean about a season ticket to the vets - my car now goes there automatically, I have to think hard if I want to go in another direction :D

coconut
11th December 2008, 06:42 PM
sorry to hear that dylan is feeling well!! Give him a cuggle from me and the gang!!

Hope he is feeling better soon!!

hbmama
11th December 2008, 07:54 PM
Oh, as if you and poor little Dylan haven't been through enough already. :hug: You are the best mom EVER and always see that his needs are taken care of no matter what.

Aileen
11th December 2008, 08:04 PM
Just a few hugs :hug::hug::hug: for both of you
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

pippa
11th December 2008, 10:11 PM
Hope little Dylan is feeling better soon.

babs
11th December 2008, 10:28 PM
Ah my little handsome favourite cav :luv: Hope he feels better soon,well he will cos your his mum :lotsaluv:

Shelli
11th December 2008, 10:52 PM
Hope Dylan is feeling better soon :flwr:

diddy
11th December 2008, 10:58 PM
Sorry to hear poor Dylans feeling sorry for himself. Please give him a hug from his friends here, and tell him Get Better Soon.:xfngr:

cosmic81
11th December 2008, 11:26 PM
poor fella... get well soon :flwr:

Elaine 2
11th December 2008, 11:36 PM
Hope Dylan is feeling better soon :xfngr:
sending him gentle hugs

Maggles
11th December 2008, 11:58 PM
dylan, poor little guy you feel better soon. rest up, and no more nosing around in things you're allergic to, not even if they smell delicious!

pauline, hugs to you. sorry mr dylan had a tough morning. i know exactly how you feel about season tickets to the vet.

brotymo
12th December 2008, 04:21 AM
oh, you poor things. You have been squeezed thru the ringer already! I hope he is better soon! I know what you mean about the vets! Lizzie and Bandit's visit for their vomiting and diarrhea cost me $238.00 for a visit that lasted less than one hour.

I'll be thinking about you.

Sabby
12th December 2008, 10:18 AM
Hope Dylan is feeling better very soon.:hug:

*Pauline*
12th December 2008, 10:52 AM
Know what you mean about a season ticket to the vets - my car now goes there automatically, I have to think hard if I want to go in another direction :D

:lol::lol:

Sorry for the late reply girls, my wireless router is playing up I think. Dylan is much better mood wise, playing fetch with his favourite toy, a mouse hand puppet and barking since he got up. I think his SM pill is just starting to work this morning and he is slowing down. His eyes are looking much better already. We went for cream this time instead of drops as it's greasy and stays in longer. They are harder to put in though. While I get Dylan into position, the tube keeps oozing and it doesn't come out in a straight line, it curls up which makes it hard to get in too. I have to pull his bottom lid down and put the cream on the swollen inner eyelid. It looked easy when my vet showed me. I can't expose as much pink as my vet.

:thnx: everyone for your well wishes.

*Pauline*
12th December 2008, 10:54 AM
Lizzie and Bandit's visit for their vomiting and diarrhea cost me $238.00 for a visit that lasted less than one hour.

Oh my goodness that's expensive.:eek:

arasara
12th December 2008, 06:37 PM
I got a topper!! Last night I took Kosmo to the vet and it lasted about 1 1/2 hours with waiting.. i paid $550!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I hope Dylan is feeling better Pauline!! Sorry you're having lots of vet visits .. but if it makes you feel better, you're in good company :flwr:

*Pauline*
12th December 2008, 09:06 PM
Oh Sara, sorry. What's up with lovely Kos?

arasara
12th December 2008, 09:25 PM
oh pauline, who knows ;( Still scratching at the face and eyes.. But last night his eyes went nuts and he wasn't opening them properly and looked awful.. So I took him into the vet and he was diagnosed with something called "uveitis" which is an inflammation inside of the eye.

He's going to the opthamologist on Monday to see if htey can find out what's wrong.

Wish us luck :xfngr::xfngr: :(

*Pauline*
12th December 2008, 10:29 PM
He probably got something in it while he is scratching. Best to check for scratches.

Brian M
12th December 2008, 10:47 PM
Hi

Oh I do I hope poor Kosmo will be OK ,pls keep us all posted.

arasara
12th December 2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the luck. He didn't get anything in it. . well if he did, they didn't notice it :confused: With the $550 I paid last night he got just about every eye test that a regular vet does underneath the sun :rolleyes: He doesn't have any corneal issues, and he tears regularly at least .. .. .. I guess I'll know if it's eye related on Monday :xfngr: :xfngr: