• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Something to ponder

:eek: What!!! I think it warrants yet another letter to the CKCS Club (and to ask what action they took regarding B Costello).

I couldnt believe it when I first read about it a few days ago. Unfortunately certain (lets call them personalities) didnt exactly come over whiter than white on the PDE prog. These people then closed ranks and blamed "The Detractors of the Breed" for all and every bit of media attention from then on adinfinitum. In the process they hit out at MC et al (BIG mistake)!!

So, with a few noteable exceptions, they will concentrate on raising funds for a PR Company to tell us how wonderful they are, and what fine healthy specimens they have, and how its only the Puppy Farmers & BYB who ignore Club breeding protocol . Good thinking Bat Man.

Problem is, those of us at whom it is aimed wont be watching. Sorry luvs, but we are too busy helping MC et al raise funds for research!!

I must say I am not surprised at anything anymore.

I know puppy Farms are a big problem but people who knowingly use their SM or MVD affected dogs for breeding are not any better then puppy farmers.

I agree, I did say so on the Dog World website when I heard about it, far better things to spend the money on. It's immoral when that money could go on research, scanning or treating dogs. There must be some pet owners who are struggling with the costs. I'm sure, if they donate to a worthier cause, that do more for their PR.

The fund collecting for this public relations exercise is being organised by a regional cavalier club chairman & health representative, and the bank account has been set up by the treasurer of yet another regional club.

£8,000 would pay for a lot of research.

Margaret C

Yuck. :mad:

Avi downloaded and watched Pedigree Dogs Exposed with me last night. I didn't know you were expelled Margaret. I am sorry. :( When your name popped up on the screen I yelled "HEY!! I know who that is!!" :oops:

$8,000 could be way better spent on some much needed SM research. That show disgusted me :bang: :(

The best PR for Cavaliers doesn't cost a penny - simply take your Cavalier around with you. Oliver and I walk our local streets, go into town on the bus, to the bank, to the market, to the railway station, all over. He behaves beautifully, sits patiently while children cuddle him, is friendly to everyone but sits quietly beside me when required. I talk to umpteen people about Cavaliers, because they stop to fuss Oliver, and, if anyone asks about health problems, answer honestly and point out that Oliver has SM but leads a busy and happy life and is to all appearances fit and healthy. I tell people about breed rescue and Many Tears, the puppy register and the health questions to ask, how much Cavaliers enjoy training, and what fun they are to own.

Do you think someone would pay me £8000 for doing what I do anyway? Or rather, what Oliver does - brilliant PR for his breed!

To the people who are wasting this money - just get out more and take your Cavaliers with you.

Kate and Oliver

Thanks to K9 Magazine for publishing that story. I agree with Ryan - some CKCSC breeders have no idea of the public's perception of them - or what they could (should) be doing to improve the breed and therefore not need to pay for PR. :sl*p:

I wish the £8000 would go to research and/or MRI screening and following SM & MVD breeding protocols. Or to help pay for the diagnosis and treatment of symptomatic dogs.

The people posting on the breeders' behalf [on that article] certainly aren't doing themselves or the breed any good. In fact, any PR person worth their salt would tell them to stop posting immediately! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back