• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ever wished you named your dog something else?

linderbelle

Well, he was called Van the Man by the breeder and we brought him home 3 1/2 weeks ago and named him Bentley. Well, hubby has been calling him Dudley and the other two dogs have nicknames too but dang it Dudley fits him so much more. Now I just got his personalized x-mas stocking which I paid $40.00 for it with bentley on it--dang it--what do I do? lol. He's the blenheim. Not only that but geesh he was called Van, then Bentley and he knows his name now. grrrrr lol
3103404908_4acf2212d7.jpg

Use the stocking and tell everyone Bentley was his 'other' name, he's now named .........

(I put dots there just in case you have a change of heart..... ;))

In awhile it'll probably become a piece of family lore.

Merry Christmas!

Riley was called Celeste by the breeder until we got her when she was 11 months old. She adapted to the name change beautifully. Madison was called Sushi by the same breeder and we changed her name when she came home with us at 10 weeks of age. Again, no problem with changing names. We got Oz from the same breeder, but she knew I wanted a tri and smartenend up. She didn't name him, but let us name him and then she called him that until we took him home at 10 weeks old. Dudley does seem to fit your guy more than Bentley. It's a good thing he can't read the name on the stocking!!!

That's too funny because I was just going to say that from his picture, I would say he looks more like a Bentley than a Dudley! Oh well, it's definitely highly subjective.

But regardless of his name, I thought I'd just tell you that he is gorgeous! I hope you come up with a name that sticks! Maybe you could pick out the threads from the "BENT" and replace them with "DUD" at a monogramming place!

We kicked around a lot of names before we brought Daisy home, trying to please everyone in the family, but I was pretty set on Daisy or Molly from the start. I've had a couple of people tell me that she couldn't be anything but a Daisy once they get to know her because she's just so gregarious and a lovey dovey goofball around everyone she meets.

Two gorgeous dogs......I personally like both names. Go with the name that fits his personality.:)

I think he's lovely whatever you decide to call him :lotsaluv:

Actually he looks like he's saying " I don't care what you call me, just hurry up and let me get in the hot tub" :jump:

Truman had probably 6 or 7 names before we decided on Truman. He didn't have his real name for at least 2 months! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies

We've decided to keep it Bentley and his nickname will be Dudley--lol. Our other cavalier --the tri is named Abbey and her nickname is binkey and very appropriate I might add--lol. Thanks for all the replies.

Back