• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Indoor Games

LovesCavaliers

I must get that book "Games to Play with your Dog". Murphy loves me to hide his toys and he searches them out, brings them back to me and gets lots of praise and a little treat each time.:D

We've also played "Hide and Seek" ourselves and Dan has hidden from Murphy too - Great fun! It's not a very nice day and it would be great to hear from anyone else who has any other ideas for indoor doggie games. We've played "Fetch the toy", and he loves me to play with cuddly puppets with him too. So any new suggestions for variety will be very welcome.

An extra I add on to Oliver's game of finding his toys is 'Put it in the box' - in this case his toy bucket. In my tiny kitchen the washing up bowl often ends up on the floor while I'm using the sink for something else, and Oliver will very gently steal any small plastic container which smells interesting - but at least now he will bring it back to me and put it back in the bowl!

Another fun one to teach, sitting in a chair, is to sneeze and your dog will take your hankie out of your pocket and give it to you. Fetching the TV remote is a useful one too. Cavaliers do love this sort of interaction and learning new games - they have brains and like to use them!

Enjoy your dog!

Kate and Oliver

Back