PDA

View Full Version : Cailean Is Getting His Wings Today

misty
15th December 2008, 09:23 AM
Our beloved Cailean is losing his fight with MVD.

He's on my lap as I type, he's so weak and breathing is such hard work. Please think of him at 10.00 am when he passes over to rainbow bridge.

I'm in bits as you can imagine.

diddy
15th December 2008, 10:19 AM
Thinking of you both and sending you a big hug. Run free & strong little Cailean.

Nicki
15th December 2008, 10:26 AM
oh Fran I'm so so sorry :(:(

He will have some wonderful companions waiting to meet him - my Rupert will be there to greet him, and I knowhis Father Declan will be too.

I know your heart will be breaking right now - Cailean is very very special, he has that same wonderful character, I was honoured to have met him, and seen him bounce about despite being so ill.

Very big hugs to you - you know we understand. They are all special but some are just EXTRA special and it's hard to face life without them :'(

Take care and give all the others a cuddle - also take comfort that Cailean had a wonderful life with you, he was always loved and spoilt xx

Claire L
15th December 2008, 10:28 AM
Ah Fran :hug::hug::hug::hug:I'm so so sorry.
Run free Cailean.

Dublin
15th December 2008, 10:35 AM
Run free & breathe easy little fella :flwr:

pippa
15th December 2008, 11:38 AM
My thoughts are with you, so sorry I missed your post earlier.

Shivers
15th December 2008, 11:39 AM
Im so sorry for your loss. :(
Lots of love x x x

Sue.k
15th December 2008, 11:55 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, run free little man

Indy
15th December 2008, 12:01 PM
So sorry ,thinking of you and your little angel.His pain is over by now,yours remain.:hug:

Sandrac
15th December 2008, 12:05 PM
So so sorry that you have had to give Cailean his wings. His memory will remain in your heart forever. :hug::flwr:

brotymo
15th December 2008, 12:09 PM
I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts. :flwr:
It took strength for you to make a selfless decision that put his comfort above your pain.
Bless you both.:hug:

Sunna
15th December 2008, 12:30 PM
Oh I'm so sorry! Hugs:hug:

Brian M
15th December 2008, 01:23 PM
Hi misty

So so sorry to read about Cailean it must have terrible and heart rending decision to make .:(

emsley
15th December 2008, 01:40 PM
So very sorry to hear about Cailean.
Take heart that he was safe and loved to the end, and that you were there and strong enough for him.
Run fast and free, beautiful Cailean.

ice-cavi
15th December 2008, 01:58 PM
So sorry to hear about your lovely friend....You are very strong to help him to the bridge.:flwr::hug:

Lani
15th December 2008, 02:03 PM
There are no words to express how sorry I am for you. :hug:

Daisy's Mom
15th December 2008, 02:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. You and your sweet little guy are in my thoughts today. I'm sure he's in a wonderful place now, but I know how hard it is to let go.

*Pauline*
15th December 2008, 02:45 PM
Dear Fran, I'm so sorry :hug: :hug:

murphy's mum
15th December 2008, 02:46 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this Fran, you are in our thoughts today:flwr:

Run forever free of pain & woes Cailean :hug:

Margaret C
15th December 2008, 03:29 PM
I am so sorry.

Letting them go is sometimes our last gift of love.

Margaret C

Jan Bell
15th December 2008, 06:26 PM
My thoughts are with you. :paw:

jgponder
15th December 2008, 06:33 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Fran.

Jane, mom to Alex & foster to Rhett:paw:

Jpup
15th December 2008, 07:24 PM
I am so sorry. You have done this best thing for him and he would love you even more for helping him to end his suffering. He will be waiting for you with a waggly tail and no more pain. Sending lots of love. Helen & J

ilsamom
15th December 2008, 07:29 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss.
I'll light a candle for him.
Jen

hbmama
15th December 2008, 09:49 PM
Prayers going up for you and your family at this difficult time. :( Just hang on to the joy and memories to get you through. I know exactly what you are going through right now, as do all of us who have ever been owned and loved by any precious dog in the past.

Karlin
15th December 2008, 11:10 PM
Oh Fran, a very, very big hug. He'd done so well for so much longer than you had at first feared, which has been a blessing -- I am glad you had that extra time with him as I know he has worried you a few times before. It is very hard to take this final journey with him. Thinking of you. :flwr:

Cathy Moon
16th December 2008, 12:32 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Fran. Run free Cailean. :lotsaluv:

chloe92us
16th December 2008, 01:16 AM
I'm thinking of you and hope you can find peace soon. It is a heart breaking decision to make, and completely selfless on your part; he will thank you from heaven for relieving him of his pain.

tara
16th December 2008, 02:46 AM
I am so very sorry for you. My thoughts are with you today.

cb2u
16th December 2008, 04:07 AM
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.... what a brave and selfless thing you have done for your beloved Cailean. May loving memories sustain you.

Shelli
16th December 2008, 12:55 PM
So sorry for your loss Fran, it's a tough decision you had to make :flwr:
Run free Cailean *ng*l

:hug::hug::hug:

cy1266
16th December 2008, 11:32 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Cailean, he is free from pain now and that was the best gift you could have given him. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

jld
17th December 2008, 02:03 AM
I am soooo sorry. I am facing the same decision with my almost 14 year old schanuzer. I love her dearly and she has been the sweetest, smartest dog we have ever had, but she is now blind, has cushings disease, tumors, stomach problems, etc. Her quality of life has really deteriorated. I am broken-hearted....it is just never easy. My heart goes out to you. Judy

Lisa_T
17th December 2008, 11:36 PM
Fran, I've just seen this. I'm so sorry - but glad that you were able to eke out so much extra time with him.

Sabby
18th December 2008, 10:06 AM
I am so sorry for your pain. Letting go is always the hardest thing to do. But it is the kindest. Sending a lot of :hug:

qwickkertje
18th December 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I'm sure he'll be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge!!