PDA

View Full Version : Trimming between pads

leesanlucie
16th December 2008, 04:37 PM
HI All
Just wondered what type of scissors i need to trim between my dogs pads on the bottom of her feet????
I have decided to groom my dogs myself after a bad hair cut from my usual groomer....featherings off,slippers off and tail hacked also! :O
Just wondered what type of scissors i need to trim their feet.
Also would anyone recommend a Mars coat king???
Thanks.

frecklesmom
16th December 2008, 05:05 PM
I use to use a small blunt-ended scissors. Now I use a trimmer clippers and find that fast and easy to use-mine is rechargeable and its portability works well. I have a Mars but use it very seldom except on my black and tan-have seen that some like to use it on the upper back part of the back legs where the hair tends to get unruly. Once you get a few tools than individual preference takes over :D.

ilsamom
16th December 2008, 09:28 PM
I cut my dog's fur with baby nail scissors, they are small and designed not to cut skin. You may need to pull a bit to get in between the paw pads, I usually leave that to the pros as she wiggles too much, but I love my baby scissors

Jen

LovesCavaliers
16th December 2008, 10:09 PM
Rounded ended scissors are ideal for cutting the hair underneath the pads. Here's a tip I picked up from a grooming session I went to recently.

For the top of the paws: To trim between pads use a thinning scissors to get a nice appearance. Good idea huh?!:)

HollyDolly
16th December 2008, 10:45 PM
Check out petcetra they have on line catalogue that will give details of specific scissors for trimming between pads.
http://www.petcetera.co.uk/acatalog/

pippa
17th December 2008, 08:36 AM
I use a hairdressing scissors with rounded tips.