• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Trimming between pads

leesanlucie

HI All
Just wondered what type of scissors i need to trim between my dogs pads on the bottom of her feet????
I have decided to groom my dogs myself after a bad hair cut from my usual groomer....featherings off,slippers off and tail hacked also! :O
Just wondered what type of scissors i need to trim their feet.
Also would anyone recommend a Mars coat king???
Thanks.

I use to use a small blunt-ended scissors. Now I use a trimmer clippers and find that fast and easy to use-mine is rechargeable and its portability works well. I have a Mars but use it very seldom except on my black and tan-have seen that some like to use it on the upper back part of the back legs where the hair tends to get unruly. Once you get a few tools than individual preference takes over :D.

I cut my dog's fur with baby nail scissors, they are small and designed not to cut skin. You may need to pull a bit to get in between the paw pads, I usually leave that to the pros as she wiggles too much, but I love my baby scissors

Jen

Rounded ended scissors are ideal for cutting the hair underneath the pads. Here's a tip I picked up from a grooming session I went to recently.

For the top of the paws: To trim between pads use a thinning scissors to get a nice appearance. Good idea huh?!:)

Back