PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Holidays

Brian M
18th December 2008, 04:18 PM
Hello All

Well not long to go now as we finish at work about 2.00 pm tomorrow Friday 19 th till Monday Jan 5 th so thats means I will be with the girls all day for the next 17 days and walkies at least twice a day in a concerted attempt to get some of the beef off our Poppy. And all my Xmas shopping is finished so its just relaxation and walks ,but on the sad side one of my cats who I have posted about Tammi was diagnosed a couple of months ago with terminal cancer and she is now becoming more lethargic and her appetite has really gone so I am fearful her time is getting closer :(,but all my feral cats ( 8 ) at work will be fed every day Xmas included ,and Lukes Sensei is off for two weeks but Lukes continual pursuit of his Blackbelt carries on but with him training ,and me chauffeuring ,only twice a week instead of five times for the next two weeks .So thats it for now but I look forward to lots of posting and lots of reading of all members post. :)

pippa
19th December 2008, 11:05 AM
I finish work today too. I do have to be in two days the week after xmas, But most of my shopping is done and I am looking forward to relaxing and having time with the family and walks with the doggies!

So sorry to hear about your cat:(

Nicki
19th December 2008, 11:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tammi, Brian - we all seem to be having an horrible time with poorly animals at present :(

Will be thinking of you over the coming weeks.

I've just posted this in another post, but it may help you too

If it should be

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won
You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stands the test.
We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer? So
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
It is a kindness that you do to me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved
Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do -
We've been so close we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Anon

AsOctoberFalls
19th December 2008, 11:37 PM
Wow, I sometimes fantasize about living in a country where time off from work is valued. :) I can't complain too much though - I have 2 days off for Christmas and 2 for New Year's, and my husband doesn't even have that! He works until 9 PM on Christmas Eve and then has to go back the day after Christmas.

Brian M
20th December 2008, 01:28 PM
Hi AsOctoberFalls
Had many a good holiday on other side of the river of Cincinnati at my Aunt and Uncles in Covington Kentucky Both now passed away he was in the US Airforce in the second world war and met my mums sister Auntie Peg who was in the British WRAF but my Gran refused permission for her to marry an American so they eloped to London and got married then after the war went back to live in a huge house and a backyard of 15 acres ,best thing she ever did had 8 children and lived happily ever after and of course my Gran forgave them ,and as i say had some cracking holidays there and visits to Chicago and Niagara and Kentucky Bluegrass country you are lucky people its a beautiful part of the world .Plus the brainbox of the family our Stephen who is 18 months younger than me has been in the US for many years he has married an American adopted two children and four cats and is now an American citizen lives in Washington DC is an Astro Physicist and works for NASA and his topic of interest is The Evolution Of The Universe or to an ignoramous like me The Big Bang.

Best Wishes
Steve only has Two Days like you when he comes back home its only for two weeks any more he has to save them up ,but he does travel in his work capacity to different parts of the globe giving lectures ,6 months ago he had to speak at one in Paris so he took advantage and popped home then.

AsOctoberFalls
21st December 2008, 05:16 AM
I live about 4 hours from Cincinnati! That's a neat story about your uncle. :) And it really is a beautiful country - there is something for everyone! Deserts, mountains, forests, valleys, swamps, tundra, tropics. But despite all that I love about this country - and there is a lot - I'm dying to move to the UK. My husband would never do it, though. :) Anyway, the vacation thing really is a bummer.... especially for someone who needs time to visit home like your brother!

Mindysmom
21st December 2008, 03:40 PM
I'm off now until the 29th! Both of my boys are home as well. Mindy and Max will be very lonely when they go back as there has been a lot of attention to be had.

merlinsmum
21st December 2008, 07:18 PM
Alright for some Brian:)

I have to go to London on 23rd and travel back on 24th - tho, I'm getting the train instead of a nice five hour drive! 0 them I am off til 5th and going to give marriage notice on 30th! wooo hoo its finally coming around:)

Brian M
21st December 2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Kirsty

Have a safe journey .:dogwlk:

merlinsmum
21st December 2008, 07:55 PM
Just pm'd you:)

Mimi
21st December 2008, 10:47 PM
Hi Brian ,
Would love to have a long holiday to spend with the doggies also lucky you having lots of time off are you a teacher , 4 days is the most I can manage , with New years day off as well . Looking forward to the break and spending all day with the Fur babies .
Happy Christmas
Mimi