PDA

View Full Version : heartbroken

jld
19th December 2008, 03:40 AM
This is one of the worst nights for me.... Tomorrow I have to say good-bye to my sweet, wonderful, beloved little schnauzer,Madison, that I have shared my life with for 13 1/2 years. She has been such a dear member of our family and I can hardly stand the thought of her not being here tomorrow night. Her vet called today and said she has advanced kidney failure. Not to mention that she has had cushings disease for years, is blind and has many non cancerous tumors on her body. I know in my heart it is time for her to cross the rainbow bridge, but it doesn't make it any easier.... Dixie, my sweet cavalier, and Cleo, my sweet pug, will miss her as much as her human family. I will probably be crying all night and all day tomorrow.... Judy, Dixie, Cleo, and Madison

BostonGirl
19th December 2008, 03:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Judy. You are doing the right thing though setting her free and eventually will be with her again in another and better life.

hbmama
19th December 2008, 03:56 AM
Oh, I am so sorry for the pain that you are going through this evening.:( You have done all you can for your precious girl and letting her go is the greatest gift that you can give her at this point in her life. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. :hug:

cavmom2
19th December 2008, 05:25 AM
Judy, I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers! Just know you are doing what is best.

mellie
19th December 2008, 07:25 AM
I will be saying a prayer for you as you have to do this difficult but necessary deed. Its so hard to let our babies go, even though we know its whats best for them. I had to do the same for my 17 yr old cat who was also suffering from kidney failure and cancerous tumors causing him to have seizures. So I do feel your pain. It gets less over time, but you will always have them in your heart. We can look forward to seeing them again when its our time. Bless you.:(

pippa
19th December 2008, 09:18 AM
Just to let you know I am thinking of you..sorry you have to lose your little one.

ice-cavi
19th December 2008, 09:45 AM
:hug:

*Pauline*
19th December 2008, 10:15 AM
I'm so sorry. Just keep reminding yourself you did a kind thing for her today. It's painfully hard for you I know and I'll be thinking of you :hug: :hug:

Jan Bell
19th December 2008, 11:09 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, but you are doing the right thing. A year ago I had to say goodbye to my much loved Welsh Springer Becky who was 12 years old - I kept her as long as I could, but I think you know when you get to the point when you have to let go, as it is the kindess thing to do for them.

Allow time to grieve, but remember all the love she has given you. I still miss Becky, but now I remember all the lovely times we had together and I know I gave her the best life possible, and made the end of her life as easy for her as I could.

Thinking of you.

misty
19th December 2008, 12:02 PM
((( hugs ))).

Words aren't enough, and never sound right at a time like this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you now and over the coming days. I'll think of you when I light my candle tonight.

Nicki
19th December 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this - it's a heartbreaking decision to have to make, especially this close to Christmas:(, but it's the last gift of love we can give to our beloved companions.

My vets sent me this poem, it's lovely

If it should be

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won
You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stands the test.
We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer? So
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
It is a kindness that you do to me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved
Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do -
We've been so close we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Anon

Dublin
19th December 2008, 12:46 PM
I'm so sorry :flwr:

Clairelou
19th December 2008, 02:58 PM
Bless you Judy, you are in my prayers :flwr: :hug:

murphy's mum
19th December 2008, 07:31 PM
I'm so sorry:hug:

I'll be thinking of you:flwr:

Bunnylover
19th December 2008, 07:43 PM
How heartbreaking for you,thinking of you at this difficult time

Aileen
19th December 2008, 07:44 PM
So sorry
---Aileen and the gang (Baney----Jazzie---Jake)

Kizzys Mum
19th December 2008, 08:45 PM
So sorry you had to make this difficult decision. Schnauzers are such little characters and I'm sure you can take some comfort from the happy times you had together.
:hug:

jld
20th December 2008, 04:00 AM
Thank you all so much for the kind words. They helped. My precious baby, Madison, is now at peace......Judy

pippa
20th December 2008, 01:04 PM
Run free little Madison .

Love my Cavaliers
20th December 2008, 02:50 PM
Run like the wind Madison. :hug:

Aileen
20th December 2008, 08:20 PM
Just a poem someone sent to me when Sam died
Remember
Remember
I was chosen today
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.
Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie---Jake)

Charleen
20th December 2008, 08:41 PM
I am so sad for you. It is so hard to say goodbye. :(

Brian M
20th December 2008, 09:38 PM
Hi jld

I hope you are Ok now thats its over ,you did do right but that is no help to the big hole that is now in your life ,pls try and think of all the good times and not the ending ,time is the only healer.
Best and Warmest Wishes To You:flwr::flwr:

ClareLovesCavvies
20th December 2008, 09:43 PM
I am so so sorry for your loss (((hugs)))

brotymo
21st December 2008, 02:20 AM
I am so sorry for your pain and loss.
Here is a poem someone shared with me when I lost Pixie.

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
Her gentle head upon my knee
And share her silent thoughts with me ...

She'll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more her favorite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called her to His golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears,
I thank Him for the happy years
He let her spend down here with me
And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go
And join her there, this much I know ...
I shall not fear the transient dark
For she will greet me with her bark.

:hug: HUGS to you.

jld
21st December 2008, 02:23 AM
Oh, thank you all so much for your kindness and especially for the poems. I have copied them all. They meant so much to me, and gave me such comfort. I will share them when someone else has to say that good-bye for now.....Judy

Cathy Moon
23rd December 2008, 03:53 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was truly a member of your family. It takes time to heal; be kind to yourself and allow yourself to grieve. I hope your other dogs will be a comfort to you. :hug:

chloe92us
23rd December 2008, 02:17 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is such a trying time when we have to help our dear pets over the bridge. I hope you find peace soon, especially during the holidays. Know she is in the best care where she is going, and will be pain free. Her memory will always be with you.