• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

heartbroken

jld

This is one of the worst nights for me.... Tomorrow I have to say good-bye to my sweet, wonderful, beloved little schnauzer,Madison, that I have shared my life with for 13 1/2 years. She has been such a dear member of our family and I can hardly stand the thought of her not being here tomorrow night. Her vet called today and said she has advanced kidney failure. Not to mention that she has had cushings disease for years, is blind and has many non cancerous tumors on her body. I know in my heart it is time for her to cross the rainbow bridge, but it doesn't make it any easier.... Dixie, my sweet cavalier, and Cleo, my sweet pug, will miss her as much as her human family. I will probably be crying all night and all day tomorrow.... Judy, Dixie, Cleo, and Madison

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss Judy. You are doing the right thing though setting her free and eventually will be with her again in another and better life.

Oh, I am so sorry for the pain that you are going through this evening.:( You have done all you can for your precious girl and letting her go is the greatest gift that you can give her at this point in her life. You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. :hug:

Prayers

Judy, I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers! Just know you are doing what is best.

I will be saying a prayer for you as you have to do this difficult but necessary deed. Its so hard to let our babies go, even though we know its whats best for them. I had to do the same for my 17 yr old cat who was also suffering from kidney failure and cancerous tumors causing him to have seizures. So I do feel your pain. It gets less over time, but you will always have them in your heart. We can look forward to seeing them again when its our time. Bless you.:(

Just to let you know I am thinking of you..sorry you have to lose your little one.

I'm so sorry. Just keep reminding yourself you did a kind thing for her today. It's painfully hard for you I know and I'll be thinking of you :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this, but you are doing the right thing. A year ago I had to say goodbye to my much loved Welsh Springer Becky who was 12 years old - I kept her as long as I could, but I think you know when you get to the point when you have to let go, as it is the kindess thing to do for them.

Allow time to grieve, but remember all the love she has given you. I still miss Becky, but now I remember all the lovely times we had together and I know I gave her the best life possible, and made the end of her life as easy for her as I could.

Thinking of you.

((( hugs ))).

Words aren't enough, and never sound right at a time like this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you now and over the coming days. I'll think of you when I light my candle tonight.

I'm so sorry to hear this - it's a heartbreaking decision to have to make, especially this close to Christmas:(, but it's the last gift of love we can give to our beloved companions.

My vets sent me this poem, it's lovely

If it should be

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this last battle can't be won
You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship stands the test.
We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears
Would you want me to suffer? So
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
It is a kindness that you do to me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved
Do not grieve it should be you
Who must decide this thing to do -
We've been so close we two these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Anon

So sorry you had to make this difficult decision. Schnauzers are such little characters and I'm sure you can take some comfort from the happy times you had together.
:hug:

Thank you all so much for the kind words. They helped. My precious baby, Madison, is now at peace......Judy

Back