• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Are bully sticks fattening???

hbmama

I buy the long, "non-stinky" bully sticks for the girls when they seem to need to settle down for a good chew. I let them chew on them for about 30 mins or so, then bag them and pop them in the freezer till the next time. They eventually gnaw them down to a few inches, and then I toss them because I am afraid they might be a choke hazard at that point.

My friend told me that bully sticks were highly caloric and "very fattening." I had never heard that, and as my dogs do eventually consume them, maybe I am offering them more calories than they should have? Dottie is fit and lean, but Claire-Bear came to us with a few extra pounds that we are trying to work off of her. Do I need to re-think offering them to my dogs?:confused:

hmmmm..would like to know

Good Question. I usually let Laurel and Riley chew on them as well. Laurel is like a chew machine. You would be suprised how quick she can go through one of those. I hope someone has an answer to this.:confused:

Back