• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

FREE puppies for Christmas!

brotymo

Grrrrrr....I had another frustrating experience at Walmart today in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. As I was leaving the store to go to my car, I noticed a woman standing at the back of an SUV in one of the parking spots at the end of a row closest to the storefront. She was near the entrance to the right of the store and I was going out the other entrance, so she was about 6 rows over from where I was, but I could hear her. She was holding something and yelling REAL loud. I thought she was in trouble or holding a baby in trouble and was yelling for help. I started to walk that way and then I could hear what she was saying ....
"FREE PUPPIES!"
"FREE....AW come on sir, you know you want one...it is a pit-bull mix."
"FREE PUPPIES! Get one for CHRISTMAS!"

"Hey mam, take a puppy, they won't get too big."
(these were all things I heard her say, though I was still about 3 rows away)

She was yelling at people, many who were clearly trying to avoid her. She was hawking these things like hotdogs at a football game.

When I went by her, she hollared at me about them being pitbulls and said, "Hey, come get a FREE puppy!" I could only hold up my hand and shake it "no". I was too mad to walk over to her.

I couldn't help thinking about how all that lady wanted to do was unload those pups on someone. She didn't care that whoever took one was obviously doing it on impulse (always a bad thing) and that by advertising that they were pitbill mixes would attract the dog-fighting sort which we have plenty of around here, unfortunately. That poor pup she was holding had to have been miserable getting his ears shouted into like that. It was very cold and windy, too.

I handled the situation by calling the manager of Walmart from my vehicle and reporting her and how obnoxious she was being to the customers. The manager said he was going to run her off. I didn't stay to see if they did, but I hope they did.

With the economy so bad, I worry people would take a puppy as a "free" present for their kids (though anyone who has owned a dog knows there is no such thing as a "free" puppy). Poor little critters...that would be a future I wouldn't want to see...that or a short life as dogfighting bait.

Wow, that is pretty bad. I'm sure her dog will have another litter in several months and she'll be doing the same thing, rather than be a responsible owner and have her dog(s) spayed/neutered. Hopefully there were no dog fighters going to Wally World just then who saw it as a way to get a bait dog. Depressing. Could be worse, I suppose, because she could have dumped them all, or killed them, but it's depressing nonetheless.

That goes on a lot around here, also. I kills me to see those people standing out in parking lots either selling or giving puppies away. I just want to take them all to make sure they get safe places to stay. Unfortunetly, I can't take them! Just makes you realize that people still think of these babies as property, and don't care who gets them as long as they don't have to take care of them. I am sure they don't want to put out enough money to have them spayed or neutered, its easier to give the puppies away after they have them. I wish we had tougher laws in this state, hopefully soon we will get them passed. It suckes being one of the top ten states to live in for animal abusers. :bang:(because of our lack of felony charges for animal abuse) I do what I can to get them passed. I am sure our legislators are tired of hearing from me!!!

seriously what is wrong with people?

Some people are born without a shred of compassion in them! A relative of mine uses a free ads site to look for a pup, then after about 3 months swaps it on the same site for some other breed. So far this year shes had a GSD pup, then came a Collie cross pup, next was 2 Veimaraner litter sisters ( a buy one get one free:eek:) they got turfed out in favour of a Japanese Akita, that was replaced by a 7 year old Border Collie intended for Obediance, that lasted 6 weeks and was replaced by a Standard Poodle (from a proper Standard Poodle breeder and she paid good money for it :)) 6 weeks ago a toy poodle joined the list. So far the poodles are 'safe' . Thats if you can call anything she gets her hands on safe!

I dont know how people can be this heartless. I know that if we on this board read that someones dog is ill we all think "Oh no thats terrible", and they are on our minds until we finally read the 'all is well' post.

seriously what is wrong with people?

Some people are born without a shred of compassion in them! A relative of mine uses a free ads site to look for a pup, then after about 3 months swaps it on the same site for some other breed. So far this year shes had a GSD pup, then came a Collie cross pup, next was 2 Veimaraner litter sisters ( a buy one get one free:eek:) they got turfed out in favour of a Japanese Akita, that was replaced by a 7 year old Border Collie intended for Obediance, that lasted 6 weeks and was replaced by a Standard Poodle (from a proper Standard Poodle breeder and she paid good money for it :)) 6 weeks ago a toy poodle joined the list. So far the poodles are 'safe' . Thats if you can call anything she gets her hands on safe!

I dont know how people can be this heartless. I know that if we on this board read that someones dog is ill we all think "Oh no thats terrible", and they are on our minds until we finally read the 'all is well' post.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: :mad::mad::mad: !!!! I can't even fathom how people think this way, but sadly, many do. They like the "idea" of having a "perfect" companion, but the first time they have an accident in the house, or chew something they shouldn't, they toss them in for a new model. Very sad. :(

Some people are born without a shred of compassion in them! A relative of mine uses a free ads site to look for a pup, then after about 3 months swaps it on the same site for some other breed. So far this year shes had a GSD pup, then came a Collie cross pup, next was 2 Veimaraner litter sisters ( a buy one get one free:eek:) they got turfed out in favour of a Japanese Akita, that was replaced by a 7 year old Border Collie intended for Obediance, that lasted 6 weeks and was replaced by a Standard Poodle (from a proper Standard Poodle breeder and she paid good money for it :smile:) 6 weeks ago a toy poodle joined the list. So far the poodles are 'safe' . Thats if you can call anything she gets her hands on safe!

Oh my gosh -- that is extreme! My sister was pretty bad at that when she was younger (not now, though, thank goodness), and now her daughter does some of that, which bugs the #$*#^ out of me. But I've never heard of someone getting and giving away dogs at that rate. That is beyond weird!

We also have people in our Target mall and Walmart parking lots routinely selling/giving away puppies, but recently, I haven't seen them and I wonder if Target finally put their foot down and kicked them out. But I've never seen someone walk up near the entrance and start yelling "Free puppies!" as the original post described. I hope none of the poor things fell into the wrong hands. I hope this lady comes back as her own dog.

Back