PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Sam: 5 year old, eye surgery boy

Karlin
22nd December 2008, 09:31 PM
Sam is a child friendly, housetrained male cavalier who is about to have surgery for dry eye to hopefully help restore some tear flow as he is currently on daily drops. His family are parting with him under doctor's orders and are distressed to have to do so as he has been much loved.

If this sounds like a boy who could have a place in your home, PM me. I will post a bit more when I have more information after Christmas.

Karlin
5th January 2009, 01:10 PM
This lovely dog remains in urgent need of a home and/or of a foster place.

Manda74
5th January 2009, 02:54 PM
can you give us more details about him please Karlin. Is he ok with other dogs?
Is he in Ireland or the Uk? If in Ireland does he have to stay there or can he travel, as i would happily foster him if he's ok with other dogs(male and female). :p

Dink
5th January 2009, 06:45 PM
Don't forget us Karlin!! PM sent

rachel73
5th January 2009, 07:43 PM
Hi Karlin - We live in Dublin 15 and we would be interested in looking after Sam with our three other dogs (including 2 CKCS) if he is comfortable with other dogs - please let us know if you would like us to help we would be very happy to help...

Rachel:dogwlk:

Karlin
5th January 2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the interest. He's in Ireland; I would not really wish to have him travel, which is also costly. I can;t foster in the UK due to costs and logistics; I also only home dogs to the UK in very rare circumstances when I can work with the full cooperation of a UK rescue I know, as if the placement doesn't work, this causes a nightmare for everybody and more costs incurred trying to get the dog back. I appreciate the offers though. :flwr:

I am just waiting to get some more information on his current status with that eye operation as it is to happen sometime around now I think.

Karlin
6th January 2009, 11:10 PM
Owner has just found him a great home. :)

Nicki
7th January 2009, 07:28 AM
OH that's fantastic news :D

Manda74
7th January 2009, 07:54 AM
Congratulations Sam:rah::jump:

pippa
7th January 2009, 08:31 AM
Great news!

misty
7th January 2009, 11:03 AM
oh I'm delighted :).