• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Impromptu Cavaliertalk Walk!

cecily

We were wandering through the woods earlier today in the far reaches of County Cavan, when who should we come across but two beautiful Blenheims and a handsome ruby. Unusual to say the least, and we were suspecting it might be a cavaliertalk member, and true enough it was Amanda and her brood!!

I went to the special effort of bringing my father-in-laws good camera only to discover that
(a): I can't really work it, and
(b): the battery was almost flat.

Here are some of the photos that didn't come out TOO blurry :lol:
We just started letting Dora off the lead for the first time yesterday. She's been really good, but best of all she just LOVES to race Dougal (which is why a lot of the photos were blurry!)
dunari1.jpg

dunari4.jpg

dunari7.jpg

We met a lovely chocolate lab who followed us for a while wanting us to throw a stick. He also made the swan hiss in a rather scary way.
dunari3.jpg

Amanda's Archie, who had a wet greeting for Billy
dunari8.jpg

The waterfall. Elliot climbing up the bank.
dunari9.jpg

Amanda's Millie, and the waterfall
dunari10.jpg

Dora & Elliot
dunari11.jpg

Blenheim Heaven!! Dora, Millie, Elliot (with a special appearance by Archie on the right!)
dunari12.jpg

Oh how wonderful, what a lovely surprise to meet up with another CT member :D

So glad you had a good time, and thank you for sharing the photos.

Looks like they are having a lot of fun. I love seeing all these Cavaliers together, and what beautiful place you live at.

Super pics Cecily, thanks for posting:), my camera battery was competely dead. Elliot, Millie and Alfie were delighted to meet Dougal and Dora again, they all had such fun:D. Now for the next cavvie walk........:dogwlk::paw:

What great pics!!! How fun that you met up & in such a beautiful place!!

I love the pics with the waterfalls! What a nice place to walk the dogs.

How fun! Oh lets organise a walk there! I'd love to do that. How far would it be from Dublin to drive?

I am glad to see two of the crowd are also Irish Cavalier Rescue dogs -- Dora and Archie. :D

Jaspar and Leo would LOVE water and waterfalls... :dogwlk:

Yeah Karlin, they would LOVE it :D It's great because there's no roads nearby. Amanda said it only took about an hour, straight up the M1 and off at the Ardee exit. Or if you come the N3 via Dunshaughlin, Navan it would probably take a little over an hour from Blanchardstown (on a Sunday with no traffic). Maybe a Sunday in January? (obviously I suppose, since January is officially 24 and a half hours away!!! :eek:

Looks like fun was had by all. What a beautiful place to walk- I love the waterfalls. The dogs look beautiful, with big smiles on their faces. :luv:

Looks like they had great fun, and what a nice surprise to bump into another cavtalk member :)

Well if it is a nice weekend I might go up this Sunday before work starts again! What forest were you in?

Dun a Ri forest park, about a mile outside the town of Kingscourt, Co. Cavan. It's on the carrickmacross road... from Kingscourt it should be signposted, or it's on the same road as Cabra Castle.
http://www.coillte.ie/index.php?id=915

We'd love to join you on Sunday if you're going :D

Met Eireann is predicting dry and cold with some sunshine right now for SUnday -- if that forecast for SUnday still looks the same on Saturday, let's do it!

I think this is where Tara and Lisa did a dog walk a while back but I couldn't get away that weekend.

Ooh great, another cavtrip to Dun a Ri :dogwlk:, we'd love to go along too, its such a lovely walk. It took us an hour to get up, and less to get home because we knew the way then ;)

Last edited:
Back