• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Buddy was attacked

Mycavyangels

Today after having a good walk at our local park, we started to head home.
On our way home their is this small field, which is a short cut to our house, so I decided to cut through their with the dogs.
when i was on the field i noticed a Bullmastiff and a staffodshire there. They were happily playing with each other.
they then both approched my dogs. the staff seemed quite reserved and submissive but the mastiff had his head held high when my dogs sniffed him, so I walked on with them, when all of a sudden the mastiff attacked Buddy from behind, I tried to pull the dog off him. and Then the owner came and pulled his dog off Buddy. and Really told it off. Buddy was left shaken but had no injuries Thank goodness. POOR BUDDY
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

You must have gotton such a fright!!! So glad it ended with no injuries to little Buddy.

Please give him a cuddle from me.

oh my goodness! How scary and how fortunate there were no injuries. I worry about that type of thing all the time. When in doubt about other dogs, I usually pick mine up, but if you are out with 4 dogs, you don't have that option. Yikes! Thank goodness the owner was there to help.

Poor Buddy and poor you, I've witnessed this ordeal in the park and know what a horrible experience it is, :hug:to you and Buddy :flwr:

Sorry to hear this.

I would report the incident to the police and the RSPCA. Under the Dangerous Dogs Act the owner can be fined for having an out of control dog that has attacked other dogs.

FWIW in Ireland both those breeds have to be on leads, under owner control, and muzzled in public places.

Hi

Glad Buddy is Ok ,the size of Bullmastiffs they could almost swallow any of my three ,might hiccup after Poppy. But seriously if one of them attacks our poor Cavs will have no chance therefore I entirely agree with Karlin both of those breeds should me on a lead and muzzled but no doubt in the Uk some poor kids will have to be attacked before anything happens .

That must have been such a scary experience. So glad that Buddy was uninjured but he must be really shaken up by it. Big :hug: for you both.

Oh that must have given you an awful fright. Glad to hear he was unhurt. I hate it when people just wander along leaving their dogs to go off and do their own thing. Well Lady Luck must have been with him tonight, so thats a good omen to take thru to the new year for you :).

That must have been a frightful experience for all of you! How is little Buddy doing now? I hope he wasn't too shaken up by the attack. Thank goodness all are okay physically. Shame on those owners to have such dogs unleashed in a public area.

Poor Buddy, what an awful fright for you both, so glad to hear he is doing ok now:flwr:

Shame on those owners to have such dogs unleashed in a public area.

Absolutely.

Poor Buddy. I am so glad that he is allright now. I hope that he will keep his own happy self towards other dogs :hug:

Glad to hear that Buddy is his usual self after yesterdays scary incident. :flwr:

The important thing to remember when you go out again is just to remain calm and normal as you don't want to transfer any anxiety to Buddy otherwise it could make him scared.

Back