• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Most awesome dog shampoo!

brotymo

I found a really awesome shampoo for dogs. It is expensive but it is concentrated for dilution 10:1...enough to last quite a few baths. It is called Isle of Dogs and they have many formulas. The one recommended for cavalier type coats is No.10. I've been astonished at how shiny their coats are! The black and red fur is so shiny even my kids noticed right away. At first after bathing them, I wasn't sure I'd like it. Their coats felt like they weren't fully rinsed when they were drying and it took extra time to dry, but once they did dry, the shampoo left their coats so soft and silky. It is like running your hands over a satin sheet. It also resists dirt. A biggie for me is they have absolutely NO itching like I usually have them do for a few days after a shampoo. There are NO dry skin flakes in their coats, either, which I usually have. Just thought I'd share it.

The link to the shampoo on their site is:
http://www.iodogs.com/c-21-no-10-evening-primrose-oil-shampoo.aspx

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I am going to order some soon! Bella LOVES to play in the mud, so I want to try this! Does it smell good? I have tried several shampoos that smell good while you wash, but once they are dry, they have no smell at all or a medicine like smell! :-|

They do smell good, but don't have a strong smell. The smell doesn't really linger long, but doesn't leave any unpleasant smell.
As further testimony to how nice they leave the coat, I had to take Bandit to the vet this afternoon (I need to do another post on that) and it was very busy with the office being closed tomorrow, so lots of people were in there. Lizzie came too (so she'd have a chance to go to the vet without getting poked or prodded) and they both got tons of attention. Many people made some sort of comment about their coats. They would pet them and say "oh, they are so soft!" or "wow their coats are so shiny" etc. etc. I would say at least 6 or 7 different people commented on their fur...the way it felt and looked.

:):):) Jake and Shelby just got baths today....with their Isle of Dogs shampoo!! I love the smell and they are both sooo silky.

Has anyone bought the conditioner? I'm wondering if it works well? They recommend the heavy conditioner for Cavaliers, but I didn't think they needed a heavy conditioner. :p

Has anyone bought the conditioner? I'm wondering if it works well? They recommend the heavy conditioner for Cavaliers, but I didn't think they needed a heavy conditioner. :p

I didn't find mine needed the conditioner, but mine don't have full adult coats, yet. They've lost their puppy fluff and are getting their adult coats. I might find something is needed after they have full coats.

Thanks for the link! I'm going to order some. It sounds like it works great. My mother-in-law uses Isle of Dogs products for her poodles, too.

Lori

Has anyone ever used their "Copper Coat" or "Black Coat" shampoos? I am interested in trying color shampoos for my boys. Thanks for the link, brotymo!

Has anyone ever used their "Copper Coat" or "Black Coat" shampoos? I am interested in trying color shampoos for my boys. Thanks for the link, brotymo!

UR welcome!

I haven't tried anything but the No. 10. I know it leaves the red and black hair on Bandit and Lizzie very glossy. I am not sure how effective the color shampoos for enhancing the black and red are. If you try them, let us know!

Thanks for the recommendation! I bought the No. 10 shampoo, No. 51 heavy conditioner, and No. 63 conditioning mist. I haven't tried the conditioning mist yet, but I love the shampoo and conditioner. It leaves his fur so soft and silky. It smells great and the scent lasts for a lot longer than what I've been using (Virbac shampoo and Petsilk conditioner). :)

Back