• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello fellow terrorists! That's according to the head of the UK Kennel CLub!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Head of the UK Kennel CLub Ronnie Irving, who was so unbelievably arrogant and obnoxious in Pedigree Dogs Exposed but then claimed that was all due to unfair editing and worked hard, with strict PR management, to offer a kinder, gentler self afterwards, has shown his true colours in his quite extraordinary end of year address. In this astonishing bit of prose he calls all those who work on behalf of animal welfare and 'do-gooders' and the media who highlighted the issues facing the KC, "terrorists" and actually opens his piece by regretting the 'greater interference from the outside world".

"The outside world"?!? :rolleyes: Does he mean the annoying little people who actually buy the puppies that enable his club members to in some cases, make a substantial living, and also, nicely finance their hobby of travelling around the country showing dogs? :sl*p:

How truly annoying for the Kennel Club that some of the more malodorous practices of some dog breeders, especially in the area of cavaliers, was exposed to that puppy-buying public! How annoying that "do-gooders" have now "interfered" in this closed little secretive club with its strictly controlled membership by demanding better health provisions for breeds that truly suffer, and which the KC itself has publicly acknowledged, truly suffer... (or maybe that is just because they were forced, in the face of an angry public, to at least admit SOME suffer...).

Caring, health focused breeders who actually have a regard for dogs and dog breeding and who truly enjoy dealing with the public who give their puppies loving homes, must pray for the resignation of this idiotic man.

There's more. too.

I see Ryan O'Meara is on the case:

http://www.k9magazine.com/viewarticle.php?sid=105&aid=1238&vid=0&npage

Who points to Irving's own little embarrassments:

In 2008 the Kennel Club has been lead by someone who has overseen the greatest demise in the organisation’s 100 plus year existence. A year which has seen its flagship dog show removed from TV, has lost the support of the major animal welfare and veterinary charities in the UK, has had more negative press than Garry Glitter, has lost its major commercial sponsor and has shown itself to be utterly incompetent in dealing with any of these problems from a public relations perspective.

Why aren't the breeders who are the 'shareholders' of the KC demanding his silly head on a plate? If the KC were a public company he'd have been fired long ago.

Let's all hope 2009 is a better year for the breed we love.

holy cow, what WAS he smokin' when he made that statement? even if he felt that way, I would have thought he'd be too ashamed to say it.

Well...I am speechless.

“my optimism about this group is greater than it is about some of the loudest of the media, the politicians and the so-called do-gooders, who seem to know the answers are all simple and at times seem to act a bit like terrorists lobbing hand grenades in to a casualty hopsital”
So if the do gooders are acting (a bit) like terrorists and lobbing hand grenades, what exactly is the casualty hospital?Is he viewing his own organisation as a casualty hospital??
If that's the case there's a need to accept that most damage has been caused by "friendly fire" and in the case of hostile fire the ammunition was supplied to the "do gooders" by the behaviour of certain elements of breed clubs who can't accept that they bear any responsibity for the damage done to their breeds.

Oh dear, it just seems he as given the so called "outside world" a bigger stick to beat the kennel club with (and rightly so) I was of the understanding they are accepting health problems and changing things for the better, maybe this is what he should have stressed in his statement instead :confused:. I won't be surprised if it is taken as ammunition for certain dog breeders to use against anybody asking for health screening and protocols to be followed.

I feel sorry for the caring health focused breeders.

It's not often that I'm speechless...but ????

He is just unbelievable - surely now they have to get rid of him if only to save some face.

I have been called a lot of things but not a terrorists :rotfl:
--Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Erm I wonder just how long it was after he made those statements that he realised he's scored another spectacular own goal? Maybe the KC should get him neutered or something.

Erm I wonder just how long it was after he made those statements that he realised he's scored another spectacular own goal?

The sad thing is, I don't think he does realise this at all.

There is a sort of arrogance in certain people in the dog world which leads them to believe that not only are they unquestionably 'right', but also that anybody who has the nerve to criticise them has to be an 'animal rights terrorist' or similar.

Just look at the way the CKCS Club reacted (and continues to react) to PDE. :(

Erm I wonder just how long it was after he made those statements that he realised he's scored another spectacular own goal? Maybe the KC should get him neutered or something.

diddy I love that!!! he he he

They (he) are derelict in their duty - SHAME ON THEM!!! :bang:
Utterly sickening!!! :bang:

The sad thing is, I don't think he does realise this at all.

There is a sort of arrogance in certain people in the dog world which leads them to believe that not only are they unquestionably 'right', but also that anybody who has the nerve to criticise them has to be an 'animal rights terrorist' or similar.

Just look at the way the CKCS Club reacted (and continues to react) to PDE. :(

I totally agree with Jan Bell, there is certain arrogance in these people (and they seriously think they are right) and with someone like that at the top making statements like this nothing will ever change. We just have to rely on the breeders who truly have the breed’s health at heart.

My Ebony is two this month and my breeder has informed me that the stud dogs owner has phoned her to inform my breeder that Ebony’s dad has had a MRI Scan and that all is fine. Obviously she is still using him as a stud dog and had him scanned, and I thought it was very decent of her to inform my breeder that things are ok.

People like that should be the only ones breeding dogs.

Back