PDA

View Full Version : staffordshire newbie....

Manda74
1st January 2009, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Manda and i live in staffordshire,uk. I'm currently owned by 2 cocker spaniels called Marley(3yrs) and Gracie(approx 8yrs). They are both from rescue and a joy to have. Gracie has issues as she is an ex-breeder but we are taking baby steps and in the 3 months that she has been with us she has gone from not even knowing what a treat or toy is to going slowly to the tub and picking a toy to take to bed. she doesn't quite know what to do with it yet but has a little chew on it. Marley is my cuddle monster, he is very playful but can also snooze the day away. I guess you're wondering why a cocker owner is on the cav forum:rolleyes: well i would truelly love to give a cav a home, Marley would love a friend to play with as Gracie doesn't want to know and i can't think of any other i would want. I am also willing to help out with rescue too so please get in touch if i can help in anyway from transport to fostering, i have fostered short-term for another rescue and done transport for them, i think it will give me the opportunity to meet lots of fur babies and help them too, what more could i ask for :-p
:w*w: thats a long post:rotfl:

Davy
2nd January 2009, 12:32 AM
Hi Manda

Welcome to Cavaliertalk.

There are a few cocker/cavalier owners on the board as well as many ex breeder dogs as well. I'm count as part time Cocker/cavalier owner when I doggie sit my brothers cocker spaniel.

Glad your looking to take on a rescue Cavalier, more to the club is always welcome :)

Shelli
2nd January 2009, 10:53 AM
icon_welcome

Manda74
2nd January 2009, 11:04 AM
thank you both for welcoming me to this forum, i'm looking forward togetting to know you all and your babies:p

Karlin
2nd January 2009, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum! :) You might be interested in helping out the Spaniel Trust; a few members are on the board and they sometimes need foster and transport help and have dogs for rehoming.

Manda74
2nd January 2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks Karlin, could you point them in my direction if you don't mind please.:rolleyes:

Nicki
2nd January 2009, 11:35 AM
HI Manda and welcome to the forum :D

You have a PM :thmbsup:

Look forward to hearing more about your Cockers - esp :snap:, I love Cockers but my first love is Cavaliers.

For anyone else reading this who might also be interested in helping the Spaniel Trust - who rehabilitate and rehome all breeds of Spaniel - this is their website http://www.spanieltrust.com/

and their forum

www.spaniels.proboards77.com

Brian M
2nd January 2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Manda

And very wellcome to our forum ,is it me but when I saw the first word of your thread starter post " Staffordshire " my first thought was of the dog breed and not your location.

Manda74
2nd January 2009, 03:46 PM
You've obviously got dogs on the brain Brian :p Thank you for welcoming me to the forum:thmbsup:

lady and amber
2nd January 2009, 03:59 PM
icon_welcome

pippa
3rd January 2009, 02:45 PM
Hi and welcome!