• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do pets go to heaven?

brotymo

I remember someone posting this type of question a while back. For those who believe in heaven, I thought this discussion on a pet loss website was very helpful. It doesn't really answer the question, but at the same time, it does ease the nagging feeling about the question.

http://www.catwriters.org/articles/m-allen.html

I recently had this discussion with my 6 year old daughter. We lost our cat a few months ago, which was just devastating for everyone in the family. I called our youth pastor and he pointed me to several passages in the Bible where he feels pets and Heaven are referenced. I can PM you with those scriptures if you would like.

My daughter attends a private Christian school where her teacher recently told the class that she believes animals do not go to Heaven as they do not have souls:confused: Needless to say, this caused my daughter great concern and I had a talk with her teacher. There is debate in the Christian community concerning this subject, but I believe (as do many others) that God specifically references the souls of "beasts" and that they will be in Heaven. To me, Heaven is a place of absolute peace and perfection, and also a place where our wishes here on Earth will come true. This means that I'll get to be reunited with the animals I loved and lost here on Earth.

I certainly hope so, as I want to go wherever my boys go. They will of cousre be buried with me in the hope that eternal life will come to us all:paw:

Responding to a dying old woman's inquiry
James Herriot, the late British author/veterinarian noted:

"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty
and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of
humans. You've nothing to worry about there."
He goes to note regarding animals
joining their masters in the afterlife:
"I do believe it. With all my heart I believe it."

So do I
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

A couple of weeks ago when I had to put my precious schnauzer to sleep, I was at a Christmas dinner with my 5 closest friends and I was teary-eyed about losing my dear Madison. My dear friend, Linda, related this study to me that had been on one of the discovery channels on TV. It was about psychic children. Anyway, these children were able to see people who had passed on. Not only that, but they also saw pets that were with them. The interesting thing was, is that these were children of all ages who would have had no prior knowledge of these particular people or their pets, yet they were able to describe them..... Anyway, it did make me feel better. I really want to see this episode. Judy, Dixie, Cleo, and Madison at the bridge. Don't know if this is fact, but it is interesting, and I would like to believe it is true.

Back