PDA

View Full Version : Rua got 2 grapes



Mimi
2nd January 2009, 09:53 PM
Help , what should I do , Rua climbed up on the chair in the kitchen and ate two grapes off a plate on the table , fruit on the edge of a pavlova .
do I need to get him to a vet ?
Am I worrying unnecessarily .
Mimi

merlinsmum
2nd January 2009, 09:57 PM
have they shown any signs of distress? sickness?

frecklesmom
2nd January 2009, 09:59 PM
Saw this:

How Many Would Poison Your Dog?
The minimum toxic dose is approximately1 grape per pound of body weight.

15 lb dog = 12-14 grapes could be deadly
25 lb. dog = 23 grapes could be deadly
50 lb. dog = 50+ grapes could be deadly
75 lb. dog = 75 grapes could be deadly

http://www.beaglesandbuddies.com/index.php3?topic=raisins

Sounds like you are OK with just 2

Mimi
2nd January 2009, 09:59 PM
Hi , its just happened afew minutes ago he seems fine , just a bit put out that he wasnt let finish the whole pavlova .
Mimi

merlinsmum
2nd January 2009, 10:08 PM
I would make sure you get plenty of water down the little one and take to the vets in the morning for a check up just in case:)

MadPip
2nd January 2009, 10:27 PM
I don't want to worry you, but a phone call to your vet at least may be in order just to be on the safe side.

There's an article about this http://www.ukvet.co.uk/ukvet/articles/toxicology%20-%20raisins.pdf (hope it's ok to post the link, and that it works!) that seems to suggest that for some dogs it doesn't take much to cause them problems.

You'll probably sleep easier tonight if you check things out.

brotymo
3rd January 2009, 02:47 AM
How is Rua? I am sorry I didn't see this earlier. Something you can do to induce vomiting is force your dog to drink (with a syringe) hydrogen peroxide (this was instructed to me by ASPCA poison control when my dog had an overdose of something one time).

Hope all is well.

Shelli
3rd January 2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Mimi, how is Rua today? :flwr: