• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I ordered 2 spaniel bowls

Mom of Jato

My two have been getting their ears wet from drinking out of their current bowl, so I went on the internet and found Stainless Steel Bowls for Long Eared Dogs. I just received them today, and :eek: they are huge!!!! I should have known when they stated that they hold 1 quart, but the photo looked great since the bowl had a much smaller width at the top. Now I have to return them. :( What do all of you use for water bowls for your dogs?

Holly has beautiful bowls from Cindy Koehring -- website is spanielbowls.com. I highly recommend these bowls and Cindy is great to work with!

You need to get spaniel bowls designed for cavaliers which tends to mean the hand made ones as above.

However I simply use a no-spill bowl. I use the Buddy Bowl and just take out the inner third piece, or something like this also would work: http://www.roadrefresher.com/.

I use these not for dog ears but because my cat Ambrose will scoop all the water out of a normal bowl with his paw and scatter it all over the floor making a huge wet mess. :rolleyes: However a fringe benefit is that the dogs' ears stay dry.

I have also just taken a round, inexpensive food container with lid (about 1qt size) and cut a large round opening in the lid and the animals would drink through that. The drinking opening needs to be about 5 inches in diameter.

Thanks for the info. I will have to check out the options you both suggested. I really wanted stainless steel though. Any other ideas out there?

I use the stainless steel bowls that only hold about 1 1/2 cups of water. I set them into ceramic bowls for extra stability.

I found a photo of the steel bowl nested into the ceramic bowl (at left):
DSC_0620.jpg

Last edited:
Back