• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Been Lurking Long Enough...

Brenda in SC

Hey Y'all!

Decided I've been lurking on this board long enough - joined the day after my little Rudy (short for Rudolph) joined our family. He's nearly 5 mos old, found him thru a local ad in newspaper. He's sort of a rescue - the gal who had him couldn't keep him. He has a few issues (broken tail that waves like a flag when he's happy) and extra tissue on the large pads on his feet, but the vet says he's a healthy chap. He's not a show dog, but we love him with his imperfections. It's been 10+ years since we lost our beloved 16 yr old cocker, Taffy. Husband was devastated and we haven't had a dog since. As a Christmas gift, he agreed to give his heart away one more time, and we're head over heels for this little guy.

Love the diversity on this board, and I've already learned a lot from reading the posts. Plus, the photos are great. Gotta learn how to upload a few of my own!:snap:

:)Hi Brenda

Wellcome and may I say your Rudolph sounds a cracker,very many congragulations ,with pics upload to Fickr then copy and paste . :)

Hi Brenda
your avatar caught my eye. I wonder if rudy has any English toy spaniel in him ( they are the cavaliers rarer short nosed cousin )
Broken tails ( they are born like that ) are common & fused toes are considered normal in the breed, they dont usually cause any problems

Hi Brenda
your avatar caught my eye. I wonder if rudy has any English toy spaniel in him ( they are the cavaliers rarer short nosed cousin )
Broken tails ( they are born like that ) are common & fused toes are considered normal in the breed, they dont usually cause any problems

Wow, I never thought about it. His 'papers' are suspect and I have no way to trace his origins. It is possible. We thought maybe his tail would straighten somewhat, but no, he still looks like he's waving a flag (altho it is kinda cute). I've updated the avatar with a pic from two wks ago. He's exactly 10 lbs & will be 6 mos next week. Is that considered small?

Thanks for your input. I am learning so much by being a member of this board. So glad I found y'all!

Wow, I never thought about it. His 'papers' are suspect and I have no way to trace his origins. It is possible. We thought maybe his tail would straighten somewhat, but no, he still looks like he's waving a flag (altho it is kinda cute). I've updated the avatar with a pic from two wks ago. He's exactly 10 lbs & will be 6 mos next week. Is that considered small?

Thanks for your input. I am learning so much by being a member of this board. So glad I found y'all!

My ruby english toy has a tail that is Z shaped & my younger boy has a couple of minor kinks that shouldnt be noticable when his hair grows

would love to see more photo's of him ;)

Back